MG2 or CM22

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
OTD

MG2 or CM22

Post by OTD »

Hello forum, I’m the new guy on this forum.
I’m shooting standard with an SP20, but would like to replace it with a Matchgun MG2 or a Morini CM22. Those who have either one of the two, would you buy it again? If not what would be your reason for a different model? Thanks for your help. Regards, Daniel
tedbell

Post by tedbell »

Welcome to the forum. Do a search of the forum for previous posts on both pistols - you will find a ton of them, especially regarding the MG-2. People have pretty strong opinions about that one - some folks got lemons, some didn't. Save rehashing all of that out again for the thousandth time here. I'm pretty sure with a search you can find most of the answers you're looking for. About the only remaining question you might have is for a comparison from anyone out there who happens to have shot both of them.

Thanks,
Ted
Beevo

Re: MG2 or CM22

Post by Beevo »

OTD wrote:Hello forum, I’m the new guy on this forum.
I’m shooting standard with an SP20, but would like to replace it with a Matchgun MG2 or a Morini CM22. Those who have either one of the two, would you buy it again? If not what would be your reason for a different model? Thanks for your help. Regards, Daniel
Luv my MG2... As a noob it has never let me down ...
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

my steel CM22M-RF still going strong after some 30000 rounds.

Replaced a broken ejector (at about 15000 rounds) and the rubber buffer around the same time.
Don't know of many (any?) MG2 that match this...

The MG2 is a very nice gun to shoot and has very little 'barrel bounce' - but if it don't go bang every time...
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

My MG2R goes bang every time and has never malfunctioned. The series 11 versions are incredible.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

one major factor is what kind of support you will have from your local dealer. for example in my country there is no morini dealer. only matchguns. there a few morini free pistols (imported by various gunshops from gehmann i believe) but they are virtually maintenance free. there is only one cm22 here that i know. its accurate and very light (the version i got to examine). latest version (although i don't know if its a factory version) has revised trigger geometry with ball bearings. the grip has fewer adjustments than the mg2 one. i went the mg2 way ... so far it has been reliable. can be ordered with grip curved very close to your hand from measurements you provide. rf weight works very well. very accurate. it can be a pain in the ass to clear a jam. has a dry fire switch. both like std velocity ammo. both have very good sight but i like mg2 more
another option could be walther SSP.