Pardini SP1 Electronic grip options - Pardini, Rink, Custom

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
peterleduc

Pardini SP1 Electronic grip options - Pardini, Rink, Custom

Post by peterleduc »

Ok so here's the deal, I purchased a used SP1 for Christmas and haven't been able to play with it yet as the grip is way too small and ground up to a point beyond use. Thus, I need a new Large grip.

Pardini stock grip = $242
Rink grip from Pardini = $268
Rink grip from Germany = $238

More or less, is the Rink grip worth $26 more than the Pardini grip? If I purchase a Rink from Germany, I might try the large volume option as I think the larger volume might be the "feeling" I've been lacking when it comes to grips in general. Most of my size large Morini grips just seem to lack volume in the palm swell area. They fit well everywhere but not what I would call "perfect" or just like coming home and sitting on my couch.

Opinions please.....
j-team

Post by j-team »

Get the Rink.

They are better quality and you have the option of choosing the volume.
rmca

Post by rmca »

Since the grip feel is something quite personal, my first advice, is for you to try them before you buy.

I would chose the pardini for me just because I know they fit me like a glove, otherwise I would buy a Rink (also fit's my hand in a nice way, but not as good as a pardini factory grip)

If you can, ask a friend or someone at the range to see (feel) what fit's better. Even if it's a pardini air pistol (the grip is the same and interchangeable) or another pistol with a Rink grip that's your size. You only need to feel how good they fit... and then your question will be answered by yourself!

If you don't have that option, go with the Rink, you have more options on them to try and get a better fit.

Hope this helps
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Got to try them. They are very, very different, the Pardini points about 10 degrees to the left compared to the Rink. Either you like it or you don't. Can't understand why people buy grips for fit instead of where that thing points. It's far easier to make a grip fit than to adjust all the angles.
ruig

Post by ruig »

I bought Pardini for two years and I thought that I will never never never use standard grip. It is like holding an inverted cone (feeling).

Two months later I found it ok (I close my eyes; ready position; I make five
clicks; I open my eyes and I see normal sight picture).
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

Rink grip every time for me now. Once you get the right spec for a starting point it's easy to rasp away and bring the gun to point. I have started buying them unoiled.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Easy? If I try a Rink grip, the front sight shows up quite a way off to the right side of the rear sight. I'd have to buy a "minus 10 degree" version, which he doesn't make (and then the thumb would still be in the wrong place). Try to adjust that! I'm not saying they are not good, my dad loves them, and for they point in the right direction, but for me, no way.