WMG's in Torino

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Slo cat

WMG's in Torino

Post by Slo cat »

There are five USA shooters here in Torino, and man it sure is HOT.

I met Spenser and Ray Andrews, both from Australia.

The first medal ceremony is this afternoon. Up dates to follow.
jliston48

Post by jliston48 »

Good luck to all the Masters Games shooters.

I'm interested to hear how Spencer and Ray went with their "trusty" revolvers.
Last edited by jliston48 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Spencer was on the podium three times for Standard, Rapid and Center Fire. Ray Andrews got a silver for Center Fire, both shot with their revolvers.
Slo cat

Post by Slo cat »

See posted results at www.tsntorino.it/wmg-results/

Regards,
Slo cat
Rover

Post by Rover »

So far so good for an old fart guinea, Steve.

Keep it up!
bruce em

Good for you !

Post by bruce em »

Good for you !

I thought they said no shooting sports at Torino?
jliston48

Re: Good for you !

Post by jliston48 »

bruce em wrote:Good for you !

I thought they said no shooting sports at Torino?
They did, originally so I didn't bother monitoring the site after that (I knew that I would be in Europe at the time).

Then a few weeks ago, Spencer told me he had entered and was going and that they changed their minds - I'm not happy!
Coach Don

WMG

Post by Coach Don »

Shooting was not included in the original list of sports. I began an email and notification program to get people to contact them to ask why? They said it was because of lack of interest. Well, they were wrong and I am glad. The only thing that sucks is that since I was the first to question their decision, that I could not make it to Torino. I really wanted to go, but could not. Rats. But, I am glad that Locatelli is doing well. Don in Oregon.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Looks like you cleaned their clocks, Steve. Five for five, or is that batting 1000?

For the old farts on here who are whining about their shooting, I guess Steve doesn't want to hear it.

Nice work, Slocat! Come see us again at the Desert Midwinter.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Congrats Steve.

I have been looking at the gun laws for New Zealand, the site of the 2017 masters games. Their firearms laws look a little more relaxed, and the import for competition process looks easier and cheaper.

If they run the same format as Australia did in 2009, it might be well worth the trip.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Isabel1130 wrote:Congrats Steve.

I have been looking at the gun laws for New Zealand, the site of the 2017 masters games. Their firearms laws look a little more relaxed, and the import for competition process looks easier and cheaper.

If they run the same format as Australia did in 2009, it might be well worth the trip.
Yes, New Zealand is a very easy country for the visiting shooter (and we're much nicer than the Aussies too!).

There's been early "talks" but nothing firm. Every effort will be made to have shooting included.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

j-team wrote:
Isabel1130 wrote:Congrats Steve.

Yes, New Zealand is a very easy country for the visiting shooter (and we're much nicer than the Aussies too!).

There's been early "talks" but nothing firm. Every effort will be made to have shooting included.
My father was there for a time during World War II. Few places attracted him more than Wyoming, but he said New Zealand was the most beautiful place in the world.

What side of the road to you drive on? I now have practice on both left, and right, as my husband is working in Japan, and I spend part of the year there.
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

j-team wrote:
If you include the MLAIC events, I'll come and shoot.
jr

Post by jr »

Would love to go to NZ for that in 2017 - Keep us all posted if any information develops!

And yes, Isabel1130, NZ is a very beautiful and special place - but so is Japan and Wyoming, too!
Rover

Post by Rover »

Perhaps they'll have Xena the Warrior Princess there to flog you idle louts into superior performance. (Or at least flog you!)

She blossomed in NZ you know.

They drive on the left there. I know because I saw signs everywhere saying, "Fahren Links."
David M

Post by David M »

With the Auckland Ardmore Range closed to the public some years ago, I wonder where they will have the shooting.
Ardmore was the Commonwealth Games range but it has gone back to the military. The next biggest range is further south in Hamilton, middle of the North Island.
We will have to wait and see......
j-team

Post by j-team »

David M wrote: We will have to wait and see......
Yes you will.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

WMG was HOT and HUMID. That's our excuse and we are sticking too it!
Both revolvers went bang 70 times - nuts on the butts were a different matter, but won medals.

both won medals
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Congratulations Spencer, although I didn't think you were old enough to take part ;-)
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

David Levene wrote:Congratulations Spencer, although I didn't think you were old enough to take part ;-)
David,
thank you - the cheque is in the mail