Dryfiring a MC55

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Ro

Dryfiring a MC55

Post by Ro »

Can anybody tell me if it is possible to dryfire a Vostok MC55 and if so how it is done?
Thanks in advance.
ted

Post by ted »

I am assuming the mc-55 is the same as the mu-55. I have a mu-55 and to dry fire, you simply depress the set lever without cocking the gun. the only problem with this is that the trigger pull will be a little lighter than if you did cock th gun and then set the trigger and dry fired. I wanted the dry fire trigger pull to be consistent with my live fire so, I simply bought some plastic .22 caps from Midway (lots of places have them including champion's choice). and I load these like I would a regular .22 and proceed to dry fire. These lasst a very long time and should help you with your practice.
BenHHH

MC55

Post by BenHHH »

Hello
I'm a french (Paris) shooter.
I just own a Vostok MU55-1 (MC55).
I know that only 1000 have been produced.
I started to identify all the MU55 of the world.
If you please, I would like to know what is the serial number of yours?
Of course, I will never give this number to nobody else.
If you don't want, just give me the 2 first numbers, it is the year of its production.
The N° of mine is 81 0780. So, my MU55 was produced in 1981.
I imagine to create a web site to talk about this marvelous gun.
At this time I identify around 25 MC55. Still lots to do ...
Thanks for your help
Best regards
BenHHH
FredB

transliteration

Post by FredB »

ted wrote:I am assuming the mc-55 is the same as the mu-55.
The Russian character that looks somewhat like the English capital U, is pronounced as the Ts in Tsar. Therefore the correct English transliteration of the letter is Ts. In Germany and some other places, they transliterate using a C, since the German pronunciation of C is very similar to the Russian Ts sound. And in the US, we often use the English letter U simply because it looks nearly the same. However U is quite incorrect as a transliteration.

FredB