mar 177?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

tk1st

mar 177?

Post by tk1st »

I was wondering if anybody here has any experience with the mar 177
from Crossman. I bought one last year @ Perry after a few months it
developed a leak of about 1000 psi over night. I e-mailed Crossman and sent it back, quick turn around they said they replaced a valve stem
shot aprox. 100 rds thru it sat in the safe a few months. had same problem
sent it back got it back in about a week. they replaced the gage. still having the same problem. I plan on trying to call them tomorrow. just wondering if
anyone has had same problem or can tell me what to look for before returning it again. warranty ran out this week , hopefully they will still cover it.
Thanks Tom
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

Tom;
I would contact our host, Pilkington.
They are the co-producer of the unit.
Hope this helps.

Clarence
D.R. badge #99
LennyLames

Post by LennyLames »

I bought the MAR177 just less than month ago to use with my also-new Rock River Arms NM A4. MAR177 was my first PCP so I wasn't sure whether it could be stored with high pressure for an extended period. Perhaps I read too much into the manual's section on "Depressurizing the Airgun." I posed the question to Crosman technical support.

The response was, "For short periods of storage leaving it at or around full pressure should be no problem, but if you are storing it for more than a few days it is a good idea to store it with some pressure but not at or around the full 2900 PSI maximum."

Only time will tell if my seals hold up but I'm hoping that if I adhere to their advice, the seals would last several years.
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

In my experience with PCP air rifles then you always want to store the rifle with air in it. It is when the rifle is stored without pressure that the seals usually go bad. The level of pressure is not really that important, but there is nothing wrong in keeping it fully charged. Also if you keep it fully charged you will notice if it is starting to loose pressure over an extended period, and you are always ready to go shoot!

In some jurisdictions, mainly in continental europe, it is unlawful to transport a charged cylinder. This is why many German made guns come with a system for emptying the air cylinder for transport.

Alan
tk1st

Post by tk1st »

thanks everyone for the help, I still haven't got ahold of Crossman. hope to have time tomorrow.
thanks Tom