The Ladies of Tens

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Spencer

The Ladies of Tens

Post by Spencer »

still no moderator for The Ladies of Tens?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I know, it's obvious (to me) why you're asking.

I did (from memory) 14 from that poster this morning.
brent375hh

I don't get it.

Post by brent375hh »

I am a man. I am pretty sure if i was not, I would not be interested in a ladies forum when it comes to non gender activities like shooting. To my way of thinking good shooting technique is the same regardless of what sex you happen to be. To assume that a shooting forum was somehow intended for men but has a subsection for women seems odd to me. If I went to a cooking forum it would seem odd to me to have a men's subforum.

I don't get pink guns either. What is the manly color I should be buying?

I am not sexist, I very much like all friendly shooters regardless of their equipment. It irks me to see men want to go help a woman shoot prior to seeing if they need any help. My wife often has men come over to 'help" her prior to noticing that she is shooting better than they are.
desdemona

Post by desdemona »

There is one now.
I am hoping the conversations will go beyond the color of arms.
Desdemona MEV Gare-Frantisek
Range Safety Coordinator/Instructor Oakland Pink Pistols
USAS #1035180
conradin

Re: I don't get it.

Post by conradin »

brent375hh wrote: I don't get pink guns either. What is the manly color I should be buying?
Pink Pistols:
http://www.pinkpistols.org
"Armed Gays don't get bashed."
Oakland Pink Pistols:
http://www.oaklandpinkpistls.org
"We support, educate and inform the members of the LGBT and other alternative lifestyle community who is vulnerable to hate crime to exercise their second amendment right."
There is no current chapter in your area, but Andrew R. will be a good person to ask about this if you have any question. It is a noble cause and you can be a totally straight person to found a chapter. Religiously I am extremely conservative, yet I run a chapter so that lives can be saved.

You never know, you might be able to save a few lives in the future.
brent375hh

Pink Guns.

Post by brent375hh »

It is the color of pistol that I was talking about. If I were a woman I doubt I would go buy one of the "ladies" models that are pink. I can't assume all woman want all their possessions in the color pink just because they are women, be it a gun, laptop or spoon.
spektr

Well pink IS cool...

Post by spektr »

Personally I love the pink guns, especially when wielded by my goddaughter wearing her Mad Kitty Tactical hoodie, and rainbow shoelaces....
Freepistol

Re: Well pink IS cool...

Post by Freepistol »

spektr wrote:Personally I love the pink guns, especially when wielded by my goddaughter wearing her Mad Kitty Tactical hoodie, and rainbow shoelaces....
I do, too. The ARs sure look different!

I was thinking of getting a Lady Smith in pink to use as a small carry pistol in place of my usual .45, however, I surely don't want to be a member of the pinkpistols.org.

Ben
Rover

Post by Rover »

Pink is SOOO gay!
Last edited by Rover on Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Tongue in cheek, Rover? Pink has only been a 'girl' colour for about 80 years. Before then, blue was for baby girls, pink was for little boys, at least in European/North American cultures. The shift was made for some weird advertising industry reasons. Terry O'Reilly - http://terryoreilly.ca/ - did a piece on this on his radio series about advertising - he's a very experienced ad man with a series on CBC radio called 'The Age of Persuasion.' Well worth a listen. Anyway, I thought rainbow was so gay... or am I out of date again? I'm wearing a rainbow hippie shirt today. Actually it's a souvenir from the International Society of Bassists convention in SF 2 years ago, but still pretty hippie looking. And probably gay too. My wife thinks it looks good anyway and my son likes the colourfulness, so whatever. You go right ahead and be a grumpy old fart about colours.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

I won't settle for anything less than a "hello Kitty" AK-47...
Telecomtodd

Post by Telecomtodd »

If my 22-year old daughter knew there was a Colt LT6720 in "Muddy Girl" pink camo available, I think I know what would be on her Christmas List.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Hey Gerard, take it from a percussionist who attended an art school in Southern California in the late '60s; I know all about "pink" (thank you, Bob Guccione) and hippies. Fresh out of the Marines into that environment, I thought everyone was gay.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

I've read a number of articles about behaviour among US Marines, and seen a couple of documentaries, and followed the news... and I'd say from that information that it seems a bit odd you would be leaving the Marines and be so ill-informed about what's 'gay.' The place is practically a sanctuary for gay men, if somewhat perverse in its lack of acceptance thereof.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Gerard wrote:I've read a number of articles about behaviour among US Marines, and seen a couple of documentaries, and followed the news... and I'd say from that information that it seems a bit odd you would be leaving the Marines and be so ill-informed about what's 'gay.' The place is practically a sanctuary for gay men, if somewhat perverse in its lack of acceptance thereof.

Back in the sixties and seventies, none of the services were any kind of a sanctuary for gay men or women. It was a ticket to an immediate discharge.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

That's right Isabel, homosexuality didn't exist before disco. Or wait, could it be that men and women not of the hetero variety simply kept silent while serving in the armed forces? Say it isn't so! I seem to recall an old quote which seems relevant here... "the love which dare not speak its name."
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

That's right Isabel, homosexuality didn't exist before disco. Or wait, could it be that men and women not of the hetero variety simply kept silent while serving in the armed forces? Say it isn't so! I seem to recall an old quote which seems relevant here... "the love which dare not speak its name."
conradin

Post by conradin »

Oscar Wilde's self incriminating defense.