rifle shooting competitions

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

cacoolee

rifle shooting competitions

Post by cacoolee »

Is there any eligibility or age restrictions to participate in rifle shooting competitions? Am 30+ & never took part in any games or sports till now but wish to learn & take part in rifle shooting & swimming, Is there age limitation to participate in competitions or can anyone at any age take part .
Last edited by cacoolee on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

In which country do you live?

There are not normally any age restrictions for adults. There are sometimes restrictions for children; these restrictions can be legal, or practical (i.e. are they physically large enough to hold/aim/shoot?). Any age limit for adults is normally defined by your health as you get older.

However depending on where in the world you are, there may be national/local restrictions on access to rifles (and other firearms). These are not usually related to age (for adults), but more on national/local laws and attitutudes to firearms ownership. For instance in Britain anyone who has been sentenced to prison has resticted access, and some ex-offenders are permananetly barred from accessing firearms.

Providing there are no legal prohibitions on you owning/using firearms, then you should be ok to start.
TommyH

Post by TommyH »

I am 53 and have just been approved for my first firearm license. I intend to shoot benchrest .22. I think I'm right in saying that you would be in the open category, me in the senior (50+), senior is 60+

TommyH
TommyH

Post by TommyH »

sorry, senior+ is 60

TommyH