Air freight from Germany

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

j-team

Air freight from Germany

Post by j-team »

I'm trying to get some air pistols from Germany to New Zealand.

DHL and UPS will not carry them.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to whom I might try?
dontshootcritters

Post by dontshootcritters »

When I brought my Bleiker in from Switzerland I used Korean Air and had no issues.They were also a lot cheaper than their regular carrier.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Have you tried Fedex?
remmy223

Re: Air freight from Germany

Post by remmy223 »

j-team wrote:I'm trying to get some air pistols from Germany to New Zealand.

DHL and UPS will not carry them.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to whom I might try?

Strange that is. I've never had problems shipping air pistols/guns from Germany to the UK using either carrier. I suggest you talk to your German seller and see what he suggests.
j-team

Re: Air freight from Germany

Post by j-team »

remmy223 wrote: Strange that is. I've never had problems shipping air pistols/guns from Germany to the UK using either carrier. I suggest you talk to your German seller and see what he suggests.
It is the seller that has told me that. How long ago were your shipments? I am told that the rules have tightened in the last few months.

I'm still waiting for a reply from Fedex...
Neon21

Post by Neon21 »

DHL doesn't ship Weapons of any kind (except knifes) internationally since 2007.

UPS should be no problem, as far as I remember my uncle sold some ARs to Canada & USA with UPS..
remmy223

Post by remmy223 »

Neon21 wrote:DHL doesn't ship Weapons of any kind (except knifes) internationally since 2007.

UPS should be no problem, as far as I remember my uncle sold some ARs to Canada & USA with UPS..
Iv had several weapons (all air) shipped since 2007 . The last was a morini 162ei which shipped may 2013 all using dhl..

I'm in the UK tho so it maybe that they still ship within European union.

That said , schiesssport buniger.de list new Zealand as zone 6 and will ship dhl.
bluetentacle

Post by bluetentacle »

I bought an air rifle from Schiesssport Buniger within the last year. Germany have tightened their air weapons export laws. To get around them, the vendor makes a trip to the Czech Republic once a month and post their international orders from there. That's how I received my gun. I forgot which shipper they used.
conradin

Post by conradin »

bluetentacle wrote:I bought an air rifle from Schiesssport Buniger within the last year. Germany have tightened their air weapons export laws. To get around them, the vendor makes a trip to the Czech Republic once a month and post their international orders from there. That's how I received my gun. I forgot which shipper they used.
Does this also now include archery, crossbow, swords and other type of weapons?
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

Recently used Korean Air to ship a consolidated load of c/f pistols from Germany to Oz without problems and relatively cheaply too.

Bob