New in this sport...

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
shygirl

New in this sport...

Post by shygirl »

I am new in this sport, and this forum too. I use Walther lp300 xt and I think it's a good pistol. Before it, I used a hand made pistol- i live in poor country and every club have at least two hand made pistols. I train this sport for about 10 months and I wonder where I can find advice about physical training (link, web site- something like that) and what is your advice- what exercise I should do?

P.S. My English is not so good so if I have some mistake, sorry...
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

There are a lot of excellent readings here:
http://www.pilkguns.com/hhg.shtml

There are many opinions on physical training. I don't have any links for that, but can suggest a couple of thoughts. Basic fitness ought to be good, so some sort of weight lifting (I find high intensity/load with lots of days' rest between works for me, but many prefer light weights with lots of repetitions) and some sort of cardio work (running, cycling, swimming, whatever gets your heart going) is a good idea. If you're out of shape you'll have less control of your body. Being able to hold the pistol for some seconds with confidence, not struggle, is important. So arm, shoulder, neck, and torso strength are all important. Everybody has tremors naturally so don't worry about eliminating those, just learn to hold an area and shoot with confidence while watching the sight alignment. There are things you can do to learn to reduce tremor, such as various meditations, but good general fitness is a big help there.
shygirl

Post by shygirl »

Thank you so much for this advice and link too. There is a lot of things that I can learn about technique and shooting sport at all. Thank you again.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

Simply walking, holding your arms out from your body while making circular motions with them, along with dry firing can help improve your scores. I actually think yoga might help me, but I can't see myself actually going to a class.

Welcome to a great sport!
conradin

Post by conradin »

Hold your pistol towards the target, and try to keep still for as long as possible without doing anything. This is strength training. Try 15 minutes first and see what happens..
Last edited by conradin on Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zeus560

DVD Training Programmes for Pistol Shooting

Post by Zeus560 »

I know this shooter in Australia who is also a coach and a trainer who has these training DVD's worth looking at. Talking to other shooters I know the training DVD's helped their shooting.
www.totalee.com.au
Click MEMBERS SECTION
Click on SHOOTING ATHLETES AREA
Register and Log in
Click on DVD Training Programmes

Hope this can help you and other fellow shooters
shygirl

Post by shygirl »

Thank you all, I am new so this advices are very helpful to me. Zeus560 this web site is great.