North East Connecticut club/ranges

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

JYoung

North East Connecticut club/ranges

Post by JYoung »

Hi All,
I recently moved to the northeast corner of CT and I'm looking for recommendations of local clubs and ranges that are active shooting bullseye and maybe air/free pistol...if not I can set up an air range at home. I'd also like both indoor/outdoor facilities with a 50yd outdoor line. Also, are there any winter pistol leagues in the area? I am (will be) a returning shooter once we get settled. I'm right in the corner of RI and MA so I could look there too, not sure about crossing state lines (especially MA) on a regular (non match) basis though. I haven't done much research on that but will.

Thank you,
John

PS the closest communities would be Thompson,Putnam, Woodstock,Canterbury, Brooklyn etc
GOVTMODEL

Connecticut Points of Contact

Post by GOVTMODEL »

JYoung

Post by JYoung »

Excellent! Thank you!
jpsIII

NE Connecticut pistol

Post by jpsIII »

You're quite near the convergence of three Indoor Gallery leagues...Pine Tree (RI), Metro League (greater Hartford), and New London County's northern clubs...one of which has been the NL County League champion for a few years. There are quite a few clubs! And good people!
JYoung

Re: NE Connecticut pistol

Post by JYoung »

jpsIII wrote:You're quite near the convergence of three Indoor Gallery leagues...Pine Tree (RI), Metro League (greater Hartford), and New London County's northern clubs...one of which has been the NL County League champion for a few years. There are quite a few clubs! And good people!

I checked out Pachaug Outdoor Club yesterday and I'd like to take a look at Pine Tree, I've only shoot the indoor range at Pine Tree typically after dark so I don't know what their outdoor ranges look like. Both clubs have excellent .22 pistol teams and are 1/2 hr drive from home.