LP-1 vs LP-10

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

conradin

Post by conradin »

Late LP1 model and early LP10 model is pretty much the same, since I own both of them. If you want the "future", then go for LP10E. However, if you go for LP1, make sure you have ALL the gadgets and still pay LESS than a regular LP10. You need to have at least the late manometer-less cylinder (ie. the one with "nipples"). The only obvious physical difference is the barrel weight, but the LP1 and LP10 are both designed to take the LP1 wrap around barrel weight; and also both can take the LP10 barrel rail weights.

LP1 feel better to me balance wise, but that is an individual choice.

Whatever it is, never pay an LP1 more than an LP10, unless the person who offered it has new cylinders, both the LP1 and the LP10 accessories. Make sure you ask for a pressure gauge even with "nipple" cylinders. BTW, LP1 does not come with a case, it comes with a Styrofoam box. Get the box and you can date the pistol, and ask if the seller can also provide you with a proper case.

PS. Tools are the same.
jipe

Post by jipe »

Your forgot one point: the LP10 has an absorber that the LP1 never had and that all modern pistol now have.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Well, I guess that accounts for the enormous leap in record scores being seen around the world. (sarcasm font)