2013 World Cup Granada Air Pistol Men 10m Finalists Pistols

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
conradin

2013 World Cup Granada Air Pistol Men 10m Finalists Pistols

Post by conradin »

JIN Jongoh Steyr LP10E
AMORE Andrea Pardini K12 Absorber
MATSUDA Tomoyuki Steyr LP10E
CARRERA Pablo Matchguns MGH1
GRGIC Dimitrije Steyr LP10E
ISAKOV Vladimir Walther LP400 Alu
OMELCHUK Oleh Matchguns MGH1
YUNUSMETOV Rashid Steyr LP10E
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

in issf photos carrera uses a steyr lp10e with what seems mannel weights and compensator and omelchuk a walther lp300.
conradin

Post by conradin »

ghostrip wrote:in issf photos carrera uses a steyr lp10e with what seems mannel weights and compensator and omelchuk a walther lp300.
Thank you for the correction, especially about Omelchuk since I always recall that he uses a LP300 Club (!!!), a "beginner's pistol". I *hate* LP300 personally!! :)
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

lp300 is a very good air pistol. had one "pre-XT" for my wife and it was quite good. also the latest club models i think used xt frames so they had the latest absorber.
conradin

Post by conradin »

My first air pistol (or pistol of ANY kind) was the old original LP300 model, it frustrated me so much during the first 3 weeks that I almost quit the sport. I thought ALL air pistols are like that, as far as weight distribution wise..until a good friend lend me his Steyr. Suddenly I could hit the target!

Of course it did not help that the person who taught me told me to never ever ever to touch and change the sight adjustment. Hence I was essentially shooting blind too, since the person who sold it to me is much taller than me and had a totally different physique. I was wondering why I cannot form a correct sight picture, and when I did it always cant AND pointed away from the target.

I still did not know that I was supposed to change the sight adjustment so that it suits me. But at least when I got the Steyr it was in neutral setting, so at least I made the target .
bpscCheney

Post by bpscCheney »

As goofy as it sounds I love my Alfa-Proj. For 600 dollars it really is a decent AP. groupings are tight and the weight is just a smidge muzzle heavy. The recoil is there but it makes it feel like a legitimate FP that way. Down side is the grips are M-L at best. I don't think that a Steyr is better than an Anschutz is better than a FWB etc. I just think that if you train long enough with it, it will work. ;)
conradin

Post by conradin »

I totally agree, I was just saying not every pistol suits everyone.
flolo

Post by flolo »

@ ghostrip: looks more like the gehmann tuning kit! Just in black...
ruig

Post by ruig »

by the way... Oleg's new personal record in air pistol is 597 using his usual lp300xt (Ukrainian trials in May 2013). Unfortunately I forgot to make a copy of result sheet.

other Oleg's noticeable results:
573 in free pistol (Ukrainian championship in June).

Second start: 573
http://shooting-ua.com/arhiv_sorevnovan ... 3/mp6m.pdf
98 96 98 98 87 96

8-)

First start: 570
http://shooting-ua.com/arhiv_sorevnovan ... mp6m_1.pdf
conradin

Post by conradin »

So he uses an XT not a Club or the original 300? the XT has a huge difference compare with the Club and the old 300. It is a very competitive pistol.
ruig

Post by ruig »

"Absorber" (LP300XT)

conradin

Post by conradin »

Thank you for the correction, that is a huge difference. LP300XT is very competitive and frequently give the other pistols the run of their money.