Personal Megalink for PC opinion?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

COBelties

Personal Megalink for PC opinion?

Post by COBelties »

Does anyone have experience or thought on these for home use? I'm looking for a good electronic trainer that can be taken down and setup easily that simulates ISSF and costs less than the rifle. Im not too familiar with SIUS other than seeing them do a presentation at the Coaches Conference. We also use a SCATT but not with live fire. Thanks in advance for thoughts and opinions.

GS
rmarsh

Post by rmarsh »

I just picked up 2 of them last week, the first installment for a 4 lane personal & club range. So far, (only a week of experience) I have been pleased. Everything is easy to use and I have experienced no problems. I also got the automatic lifts for 3P. The targets are very versatile. The same target can be configured for international air, 3P air, 3P smallbore (50' & 50M), air pistol and many others.

I'm happy to answer questions on the forum here. I got the targets from Martin Edmondson, who I believe is the exclusive distributor for Megalink in the US. Very nice gentleman by the way. PM me and I will give you his contact info. You will need to discuss price and lead times with him. I was fortunate to catch him with a couple units readily available. From what I understand, that was a bit unusual.
Abi

Post by Abi »

I absolutely love my Megalink! I have the new model with the LED lighting on the faceplate. No more peering through a spotting scope and guessing how I am shooting. I can take screen captures of awesome shots (using the Microsoft snipping tool). You can save as a PDF or print out your shooting session. We have wifi in the clubhouse so I can even upload the screen caps to Facebook or email to boast to friends ;-)

I carry my Megalink packed in a rubbermade bin with me every time. I hung two 2x4s on an existing paper target frame, and the Megalink hangs on two screws. Just bring the bin and a laptop (easy install by the way).

Eventually I'll have it setup as a permanent home range.

I'll post photos of my setup when I get to a real computer.
proneshooter

Post by proneshooter »

I have used 16 Megalink targets and lifts on the school range for four seasons and other than the pistol team knocking them over with the tracked carriers no real problems and Martin and (son) Richard are great to work with. I have one target head set to test ammo out to 100 yards using my laptop at the gun club. Saves time and ammo.