Adidas Powerlift 2.0 shoes

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
brent375hh

Adidas Powerlift 2.0 shoes

Post by brent375hh »

I recently received some Adidas Powerlift 2.0 shoes. I think they make a difference. They have a flat sole and very little cushion. I was unaware how much movement there is from normal athletic shoes "give" during the constant balance process of simply standing. Maybe I was just having a good day but my area of aim was smaller.

They do run small. I had to return the first 10.5 for 11s.
jr

Post by jr »

I also believe flat soles and little cushion are a good option for shooters (e.g., any "minimalist" shoe, some kinds of skater shoes).

When doing yoga, it's quite clear that balance poses are hardest when standing on a thick mat; those same poses are notably easier when standing barefoot on a hard floor - your body is capable of making tiny adjustments in balance, but if those tiny adjustments are absorbed in a mat's padding they're ineffective. It's the same principle that explains why skaters don't use thick padding in their shoes even though they're subjected to repeated impacts - you want instant, perceptible, and natural feedback between your feet and the board since tiny movements and changes in position or pressure get very magnified and exaggerated.

So yes, I'm pretty sure those shoes do help. They don't have to be that particular kind/brand though - look for something with a thin/hard/non-deforming sole and stay away from those shoes with the spongy super-thick "air" or "gel" cushion.

Does anyone know if the ISSF even requires shoes, by the way? Would Zola Budd have been able to do her thing as a shooter?
markwarren

Post by markwarren »

Does anyone know if the ISSF even requires shoes, by the way?
I enquired about this at a recent comp and was told there are no rules disallowing this - so long as it does not disturb the shooters next to you - I assumed they meant smell :)

I now shoot without shoes on and have noticed a slight increase in scores but this may be down to just another new thing tried!!

All the best

Mark
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

I had a quick look at the ISSF rules and could not immediately find anything. However, safety would suggest (and my club requires) covered footwear. This is a safety requirement because hot brass between the toes can be quite a distraction and a shooter hopping around with a still loaded firearm is to be avoided! We define the minimum covered footwear as socks so you could almost shoot in bare feet. One of our members shoots comps in "gorilla" shoes which are a form of rubber soled footwear which are like gloves in that there is a separate tube for each toe. These are accepted as being OK for our ISSF competitions.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

Thought I'd show you what I mean:
Attachments
image.jpg
conradin

Post by conradin »

I used Adidas weight lifting shoes. I think the Korean team started the trend. They do feel, sole wise, pretty much the same as a pair of Corami, but actually feel comfortable.

They definitely help, but I don't see enough of a difference to use them all the time. I practice at home using just my Adidas Samba. Also, since they are naturally tight and narrow, if I use them in a tournament, I would immediately take them off once I am done. It is definitely not a pair of shoes designed for comfort.
Neon21

Post by Neon21 »

I have a pair of Corami Pistole Shooting shoes, but will try my Vibram five fingers for shooting.
Maybe more freedom for the feet will be better.