FWB P44 finish quality? need testimony

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jipe

Post by jipe »

There are pistols that when you do a not perfect shot, shoot a 7, others an 8 or even still a 9. It is due to the balance, trigger weight curve, sights position...

One example: the higher sights of the P44 makes it less forgiving if your pistol is tilted laterally than the LP10 where the sights are lower (if the sights were perfectly in the axis of the barrel with a center target aiming, tilting the pistol wouldn't have any effect).

It was a well known difficulty of the Steyr free pistol: Steyr put the barrel very low but by doing so, they were forced to have a big distance between the barrel axis and sight line what amplify the effect of tilting the pistol.

For the not adjustable sight depth, it isn't mandatory and anyway, you can always file the sights to modify it to your taste. It is just like the lack of grip angle adjustment of the Morini 162ei, you can always modify the grip to adjust the grip angle but it is of course less easy than a 3D grip adjustment and not to be done by a beginner.

If you want to have all possible adjustments and a demanding pistol, take the LP10.
TB

Post by TB »

Off course you are right if that is your expirence but I just don't have it the same way. For example I shoot a mc55 free pistol at the moment which by many is perceived as a hard pistol to shoot. I like it since grip, angle and weight distribution seems to suit me well. I don't score any higher than with other FP's I like nor any lower. So to me it is personal preference, not forgiving or unforgiving.
OOKAMI

Post by OOKAMI »

jipe wrote:It is very pleasant to shoot, as said, more forgiving than my LP10.
In what point is it more forgiving? (I understood it's not the rear sight)

Jipe, I think it's the first time I see someone trying to explain that. Thank you. The technical point of view seems to have sense.

Nevertheless, as an extension of your explanation, my opinion is that what makes a pistol easy or difficult to shoot is the shooter that holds it. We all have our little imperfections of stance, grip, balance, vision etc... and it is the incompatibility between our defects and a particular pistol that makes it forgiving or unforgiving.
It's why it costs me to admit as universal the forgiveness/unforgiveness of a weapon.

By the way, my P44 is on its way. If everything goes right, it'll only be a "3 week's patience test".
And the appointment at Rink workshop is already booked.
pauln

Post by pauln »

wow lucky you , lets know how you like it
OOKAMI

Post by OOKAMI »

Lucky I don't know yet. I'll tell you that after the first shooting session. ;)

As soon as I get it and test it i'll make a mini review here.
JoeG

P44 Finish Quality....

Post by JoeG »

I have had my original Blue version for over four years and had purchased it second hand. It and my Steyr LP1 are my two main shooters for both competition and practice. I do treat my pistols carefully but it has still had quite a bit of use and there have been absolutely no issues with the finish on either the gun or cylinders.

Joe G.
Attachments
FWB P44 r .32.jpg
Feinwerkbau P44 .31.jpg