Triggers

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Tank

Triggers

Post by Tank »

Actual physical triggers not trigger mechanisms or components but the actual part that comes into contact with your finger.
I would like to replace the trigger on my Walther LGR with something like this:

Anschutz

or MEC:

The trigger on the rifle right now is in mint condition and I am not going to start butchering it I would rather buy something "aftermarket" and file that, if neccessary, to suit me.
I would like to canvass your opinions. The price isn't an issue as they are not that expensive but I fail to see how the MEC trigger shoe locks, though it does look quite attractive to me for it's simple looks.
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

The Anschutz shoe may fit if it will pinch up, the MEC won't as its designed for an open bar mount as on most modern rifles, it locks with a grub screw. The LGR bar is not a full open one and will only accept a clamp type.
I have both the MEC and the Anschutz on different rifles and neither are any better that the standard LGR one.
Tank

Post by Tank »

RobinC wrote: I have both the MEC and the Anschutz on different rifles and neither are any better that the standard LGR one.
Thank you for the information Robin, I will get the Anschutz one and see how I get on. I apreciate they may not be much difference but I am very reluctant to take a file to a pristine LGR trigger knowing that It may be impossible to replace. I like a nice groove for my finger so I put it in the same place, or thereabouts, every time.
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

[quote=" I like a nice groove for my finger so I put it in the same place, or thereabouts, every time.[/quote]

Get a small "O" ring and roll that on the standard trigger, no need to file it then.
Tank

Post by Tank »

See, invaluable information that saved me the best part of £30!

Off to find an O ring of suitable size.
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

I did the same with an O ring on my Tesro trigger shoe which has machined grooves for 'O' rings. Halfords [UK] sell a multi pack of silicon 'O' rings and they go down to very small which is ideal for triggers. As a bonus, there is one size in the multi box that fits the Walther and Steyr air cylinder connections.

However, i'm not totally convinced that an 'O' ring on the trigger shoe is that beneficial and I prefer the slight curve of the FWB trigger which has a groove midway for finger placement, I never seem to misplace my trigger finger on this shape trigger.
Still, every one will be different so try it and see.