I really like my new LP10, who actually makes it?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
brent375hh

I really like my new LP10, who actually makes it?

Post by brent375hh »

I just received an LP10. What a nice trigger! Shooting 7.0 grain pellets, there is no perception of the shot breaking as viewed through the sights. My first 60 shots after I got sighted in were 14 points above my average. I hope things stay that direction.

I noticed that the frame has an Anschutz logo. Is that who actually is making these?
Rover

Post by Rover »

Only fourteen points? You'd better get your stuff together! Usually, guys who buy one immediately set World Records.

If you don't believe me, just do a Search here. Nothing but an LP10 will do!
Neon21

Post by Neon21 »

Steyr Sportwaffen is the company behind the LP1/2/5/10/50...
It's a spin-off of Steyr-Mannlicher (military & hunting weapons) and Anschütz holds 51% of Steyr Sportwaffen.
They are each doing their own programm and production but sometimes help them out with parts.
For example: barells of Steyr AR are from Anschütz, the recoil damper in Anschütz weapons is developed by Steyr.
conradin

Post by conradin »

My Steyr-Mannlicher LP 10 has no Anschutz logo on it.
scausi

LP10 or just an LP

Post by scausi »

Hi can you post a picture , dont take this the wrong way , but are you sure you dont just have a Anschutz LP @ ??
rather than a Steyr LP10
cheers. S
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

I am sure it is a LP10. I think Neon21 has the winning answer.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

My older LP10 without the ball bearing trigger has the Anschütz logo on the frame as well. It has the "Steyr Sportwaffen" logo on the barrel jacket...Newer LP10's only have "Steyr Sport"; they have deleted "waffen" meaning "weapons"...
j-team

Post by j-team »

kevinweiho wrote:My older LP10 without the ball bearing trigger has the Anschütz logo on the frame as well. It has the "Steyr Sportwaffen" logo on the barrel jacket...Newer LP10's only have "Steyr Sport"; they have deleted "waffen" meaning "weapons"...
When the LP10 first came out (1999 I think), it had "Steyr Mannlicher" on the barrel shroud.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

j-team wrote:
kevinweiho wrote:My older LP10 without the ball bearing trigger has the Anschütz logo on the frame as well. It has the "Steyr Sportwaffen" logo on the barrel jacket...Newer LP10's only have "Steyr Sport"; they have deleted "waffen" meaning "weapons"...
When the LP10 first came out (1999 I think), it had "Steyr Mannlicher" on the barrel shroud.
Close, they came out in 2000. I think they had "Steyr Compensator" on the shroud and "Steyr Mannlicher" on the frame...
j-team

Post by j-team »

kevinweiho wrote:Close, they came out in 2000. I think they had "Steyr Compensator" on the shroud and "Steyr Mannlicher" on the frame...
Errr... I bought my LP10 in 1999. Definately has "Steyr Mannlicher" on both sides of the shroud in bigger font than the later "Steyr sportwaffen" or Steyr Sport".

"Steyr Compensator" might have been on the LP1 as they first came out with no compensator (CO2) and then added the comp. some time mid 1990s. See pic: