Pardini Questions and Answers

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

PardiniUSA

Pardini Questions and Answers

Post by PardiniUSA »

Hello everyone,
I want to make a general topic for everyone to use whenever one has any questions that need answering as well as any kind of concerns. Our aim is to ease the communication between us all so that we can better help and support fellow shooters.
So please, if you have any sort of questions, please do not hesitate to post on this topic and we will gladly respond back.

Best regards,
Pardini USA LLC
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

What is the twist rate on the GT45 6 inch barrel?
What is the recommended bullet for 50 yards?
Thanks,
PardiniUSA

Post by PardiniUSA »

The barrel twist is proprietary in all of our pistols and it is the special addition we make to ensure the top accuracy so we cannot provide this information.

As for the bullets used, we have worked with Zero bullets in the past and have achieved remarkable test results. Beyond factory match ammo, though, you can also make your own loads that can be tested in the gun. Eventually, we will be releasing load data about the best loads on our website.

(813) 748-3378 - Vladimir
(813) 468-7500 - Alex
(813) 361-3534 - Emil
(813) 983-9839 - Office
info@PardiniGuns.com
www.PardiniGuns.com
Join the Champions!
Good luck
mparker

Post by mparker »

Compared to my Hammerlis (208 and 280) my Pardini SP is very heavy. I have not used it enough yet to qualify that as a fault but was that intentional. I must say the balance is very nice.
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Have you tried taking the weights out?

Is there a recommended torque for the barrel retaining bolt on the Pardini SP?
Rover

Post by Rover »

C'mon! Anyone can easily determine the twist rate of a barrel (if they have one to hand).
dronning

Post by dronning »

Rover wrote:C'mon! Anyone can easily determine the twist rate of a barrel (if they have one to hand).
+1 Agreed I've done it dozens of times with a marked cleaning rod!
TShark

Post by TShark »

Why is it so difficult to buy a pistol from Pardini USA. I have been trying to purchase a HP in 32acp since before thanksgiving last year. When I call I am told to call back next month. I asked if there was a wait list, my name was supposedly added and I would be contacted the next month (Jan 2013) when they were supposed to arrive. It took over 3 months just to get an invoice to get my SP and FPM I purchased in Jan 2012. One would thank they would treat repeat customers better. With customer service like this, I sold my Pardini's and bought an AW93, best decision I ever made.
big mouse

PardiniUSA

Post by big mouse »

TShark,

You have my sympathy with your obvious frustration in trying to acquire a

pistol from these folks! PardiniUSA states here that, "Our aim is to ease

communication between us all......" Well, perhaps something has finally

happened to them for this statement to be made at this time. Not that

long ago, I called them (and left a message). I then sent an email.

Finally, sent a "snail mail". Unfortunately, all of my attempts to reach

them were in vain as all of my inquiries were ignored! I also started

looking elsewhere for a target gun. Maybe their customer service

practices have changed, but I am from Missouri and as we say down

here, "SHOW ME!".
PardiniUSA

Balance and front weight

Post by PardiniUSA »

mparker wrote:Compared to my Hammerlis (208 and 280) my Pardini SP is very heavy. I have not used it enough yet to qualify that as a fault but was that intentional. I must say the balance is very nice.
Any new Pardini will have six counter weights around the barrel. If this is a Rapid Fire Pistol version the counter weights will be tungsten (twice heavier compare to the regular steel weights - 17 grams each). If you are shooting with red dot, you may try and play with two, four or none counter weights. The active counter weight system is one of the reasons Pardini has such a tremendous success among the Rapid Fire and Sport Pistol events (5 of the 6 possible medals in London were won with Pardini pistol SP model.

Thank you for your interest and good luck!

(813) 468-7500 - Alex
(813) 361-3534 - Emil
(813) 983-9839 - Office
info@PardiniGuns.com
www.PardiniGuns.com
Join the Champions!
Good luck
PardiniUSA

Post by PardiniUSA »

JamesH wrote:Have you tried taking the weights out?

Is there a recommended torque for the barrel retaining bolt on the Pardini SP?
This is a good question :) There is no specific torque, it just have to be tight and not loose. I will try to measure it and let you know.

(813) 468-7500 - Alex
(813) 361-3534 - Emil
(813) 983-9839 - Office
info@PardiniGuns.com
www.PardiniGuns.com
Join the Champions!
Good luck
PardiniUSA

Post by PardiniUSA »

Rover wrote:C'mon! Anyone can easily determine the twist rate of a barrel (if they have one to hand).
You are right, if "they have one to hand" :) It is not just the twist that produce the good results. It is also the the ratio between grooves and lands, custom chamber reamers, etc. However some of this information is posted on the Pardini web site - the rifling is 6D x 450. It will be close to 1:18. Yes, 18 :) Hope this will be helpful!

(813) 468-7500 - Alex
(813) 361-3534 - Emil
(813) 983-9839 - Office
info@PardiniGuns.com
www.PardiniGuns.com
Join the Champions!
Good luck
PardiniUSA

Post by PardiniUSA »

TShark wrote:Why is it so difficult to buy a pistol from Pardini USA. I have been trying to purchase a HP in 32acp since before thanksgiving last year. When I call I am told to call back next month. I asked if there was a wait list, my name was supposedly added and I would be contacted the next month (Jan 2013) when they were supposed to arrive. It took over 3 months just to get an invoice to get my SP and FPM I purchased in Jan 2012. One would thank they would treat repeat customers better. With customer service like this, I sold my Pardini's and bought an AW93, best decision I ever made.
Greg, I am sorry for your disappointment! However we are here to sell Pardini pistols and there is no reason to avoid selling to anybody. Pardini 32 ACP was offered for sale for the first time in February 2013 and there was a lot of pistols that were prepaid and pre-ordered. All orders are shipped in the order they were received. First orders were placed in Camp Perry last July. Your request was accepted on January 25th, 2013 and if you are still interested we will be able to ship probaly at the end of next week if you send payment and it clears and we have a FFL from the dealer you will use for the transfer.

For your claim that "It took over 3 months just to get an invoice to get my SP and FPM I purchased in Jan 2012." I will have to say that you are incorrect. You attempted to make an on-line purchase for the pistols on December 29th, 2011. This is not legal and you were notified after the holidays (yes, we take vacations too :) You got the invoice, sent a check and your pistols were delivered by UPS on January 18th 2012. So including the time when we were on vacation, the time for mailing the check, waiting for the check to clear and deliver the guns to you it took 3 weeks not 3 mounts. I can forward all emails to you if you are interested.

AW93 is a nice pistol. It was originally known as IZH KhR 30. It was introduced by two great Russian gun designers Khaidurov and Rasarionov in mid 1980ies. In 1993 Rasarionov did some minor modifications and the design was bought by Feinwerkbau. They still sell it with no major changes (I am not talking about the colors :) as the model AW93. And yes, the 93 is the year when the model was introduced. At the Olympic Games in London 2012 in Rapid Fire Pistol events all three medals were won with Pardini. The six finalist were shooting in order: Pardini, Pardini, Pardini, Benelli, Pardini, Pardini. Among the ranked 78 shooters in the world there are 58 who shoot Pardini and just 1 with AW93. He is ranked 44th. In the Sport Pistol event Pardini was used for wining Gold and Bronze. Here are the 8 finalists; Pardini, Morini, Pardini, Pardini, Benelli, Pardini, Pardini, Pardini. Of the ranked 141 world shooters 65 are shooting Pardini and only 30 AW93. This number includes the use of the original IZH KhR 30. Best pistol is a personal preference and I am happy for you that you finally have what you like best.

(813) 983-9839 - Office
info@PardiniGuns.com
www.PardiniGuns.com
Join the Champions!
Good luck
Last edited by PardiniUSA on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PardiniUSA

Re: PardiniUSA

Post by PardiniUSA »

big mouse wrote:TShark,

You have my sympathy with your obvious frustration in trying to acquire a

pistol from these folks! PardiniUSA states here that, "Our aim is to ease

communication between us all......" Well, perhaps something has finally

happened to them for this statement to be made at this time. Not that

long ago, I called them (and left a message). I then sent an email.

Finally, sent a "snail mail". Unfortunately, all of my attempts to reach

them were in vain as all of my inquiries were ignored! I also started

looking elsewhere for a target gun. Maybe their customer service

practices have changed, but I am from Missouri and as we say down

here, "SHOW ME!".

I am really sorry for the situation! As I stated we are here to sell guns and provide service. There is no reason to avoid doing this. Please let me know what you need and I will be more than happy to provide the needed information. You can email me directly at vc@pardiniguns.com or call me on my cell phone listed bellow.
Again apologies for your inconvenience!
Have a great day!

(813) 983-9839 - Office
info@PardiniGuns.com
www.PardiniGuns.com
Join the Champions!
Good luck
TShark

Post by TShark »

V

I'll have to say you're incorrect, I made numerous attempts to purchase the pistols via phone and email, I was promised a invoice which I never received. So, I tried to order one via the internet, which by they way is completely legal, you told me to call and you would send an invoice. I called but no invoice. I did not receive the invoice until a friend who has a European accent called to order them, you sent the invoice to him immediately. He then called to have you send it to me. That whole ordeal should have told me something.

Thanks
bdutton

Post by bdutton »

I have a Pardini 32 SP which is chambered for the 32 SWL.

I put a Dave Wilson Barrel in it which, after much testing and reliability issues, was able to get a good reliable load built for it and am VERY happy with.

Can you tell me if the 32 ACP and 32 SWL are able to be interchanged without replacing the entire gun.

Also, where can one find match grade ammo and has anyone started reloading for the 32 ACP round yet?
PardiniUSA

Post by PardiniUSA »

bdutton wrote:I have a Pardini 32 SP which is chambered for the 32 SWL.

I put a Dave Wilson Barrel in it which, after much testing and reliability issues, was able to get a good reliable load built for it and am VERY happy with.

Can you tell me if the 32 ACP and 32 SWL are able to be interchanged without replacing the entire gun.

Also, where can one find match grade ammo and has anyone started reloading for the 32 ACP round yet?
Hi!
It depends of the model of HP you have. Generally - yes, you can interchange the 32ACP with 32S&WL. The conversion kit contain : complete barrel, bolt, guiding rod, recoil spring, 2 magazines and carrying case. In your case you can use your magazines and guiding road. We have the conversions for the HP with six counterweights in stock. By the end of May we should have it available for the older versions frames - with four counter weights and with no counterweights. The new conversion will have the new six counterweights recoil compensating system but will fit the older frames.
We tested with Hornady 32 ACP 60 Grain XTP Jacketed Hollow Point for great results - 11/8 - 11/2 group at 50 yards with 100-120 ft/sec deviation of the velocity. With the custom load we have group size 0.7 inch with velocity deviation 30-40 ft/sec.
Hope that this will help. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Vladimir

(813) 468-7500 - Alex
(813) 361-3534 - Emil
(813) 983-9839 - Office
info@PardiniGuns.com
www.PardiniGuns.com
Join the Champions!
Good luck
cgroppi

Post by cgroppi »

Vladimir,

Have you tested other preloaded .32 ACP ammunition in the SP like Wolf 71gr JHP, Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics 60gr JHP, Fiocchi Extrema 60 gr JHP (with Hornady XTP bullet)?

You say the handload you've developed shoots under 1" at 50 yards. What are the specifications for that load?

Do you know of any suppliers of lead SWC .32 bullets other than Hornady? It would be nice to have an inexpensive lead bullet option for 25 yds.

Uncertainty about ammunition, both pre-loaded and handloaded, is the main thing keeping me from immediately ordering the .32 ACP conversion for the SP Bullseye I bought earlier this year. More information would definitely loosen up my wallet.
bdutton

Post by bdutton »

cgroppi wrote:Vladimir,

Have you tested other preloaded .32 ACP ammunition in the SP like Wolf 71gr JHP, Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics 60gr JHP, Fiocchi Extrema 60 gr JHP (with Hornady XTP bullet)?

You say the handload you've developed shoots under 1" at 50 yards. What are the specifications for that load?

Do you know of any suppliers of lead SWC .32 bullets other than Hornady? It would be nice to have an inexpensive lead bullet option for 25 yds.

Uncertainty about ammunition, both pre-loaded and handloaded, is the main thing keeping me from immediately ordering the .32 ACP conversion for the SP Bullseye I bought earlier this year. More information would definitely loosen up my wallet.
I saw this in another thread:

viewtopic.php?p=163626#163626

ETA: This was shot from a custom barrel and not the Pardini factory barrel. But it may give you a good starting point for handloads.
22shooter

Vladimir and the excellent customer service he gives

Post by 22shooter »

This post is in response to previous posts ( back in April ) regarding Vladimir and the customer service that he so called doesn't give. When I purchased my Pardini SP from Vladimir ( which I called and ordered my gun over the phone - received it overnight ), I received excellent service! I ordered my gun and that same day I received my invoice. As for customer service: Vladimir has returned all my calls and is willing to give me advice even though he is a busy man in the shooting world. I was ready to pack it in with shooting bullseye until Vladimir took time for me. So if anyone is skeptical about ordering a gun from Vladimir, think no more...AAAAAA+++++