Old Upgrade of Anschutz 1413 trigger

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

paulwiz

Old Upgrade of Anschutz 1413 trigger

Post by paulwiz »

Can anyone remember what type of trigger upgrade for the 1413 Anchutz was done by Accuracy International, Boseman, MT

w
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

Just noticed your post when I was looking for something else. Are you talking about changing the single stage to a two stage, or are you talking about putting the 5071 trigger on the 1413? Those are the only two things I can think of. If it is the 5071, a pin needs to be shortened, or a slot milled in the receiver to accommodate the pin.
pwiz

Answcutz trigger

Post by pwiz »

Sorry to be so later in getting back to your rely. I think that it got a two stage trigger that I put in. I didn't have to do anything but just drop it in. I was just asking what Accuracy International did back then, say 190+/-??

pwiz
jhawk

trigger

Post by jhawk »

I think what you must be referring to is the 5071 trigger. It was the trigger that Anschutz put on the later 14xx series rifles with the X at the end of he serial number. The X denotes the change of trigger and bolt etc. from earlier models. If the pin holding the catch link as they called it were cut so it was flush with the body of the trigger, or a slot milled in the bottom of the action to clear the pin, the trigger would bolt right on to the earlier 14xx rifles. Jack ground the pins off of the triggers if you wanted it for an earlier 14xx. I bought one of these from him sometime around then as well. It was also common to change the internal parts of the single stage trigger and make it into a two stage trigger, however given that it was around 1990, it would make more sense to put the new trigger in rather than rebuild an older model.
pwiz

Trigger

Post by pwiz »

Thanks for the info. I will look into the trigger a bit more carefully and see what I have.

pwiz
pwiz

Anschutz Trigger

Post by pwiz »

Jhawk;

Well I looked more carefully at my converted 1423 Anschutz trigger and looked into my old files ( I am a pack rat ) and I found my original receipt from Accuracy International dated 9/30/81. It lists a trigger conversion for $ 35.00. I also found some trigger parts that were sent back, original trigger, two springs, a lever, and a small bolt.

I also looked over the current trigger in the rifle and it is a two stage and resembles the No 1408-U9 trigger of that time. I think now that the conversion was to change the trigger to the two stage Hair trigger.

It does not resemble the 5071 trigger that came out later. So I think that it was just converted as above.

But really thanks for you giving me some of your insight, it got me looking further into the matter.