swaying in offhand?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

jpd5184

swaying in offhand?

Post by jpd5184 »

i was wondering if i could get some help with offhand airfile. I know it will be hard to help me without pictures but anything should help.

I usually cant my gun inward, but im consistently swaying forward and backwards. Im consistently shooting 7's but every once in a while i get a flier that misses, sometimes i get 10's.

Its really frustrating, everything i try doesnt seem to help. any tips?
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

Too many possibilities to guess at without more info, especially some photos.

Could be stance, could be head position, could be NPA, cound be mental lapse, could (probably is) be a combination.

Try standing without the rifle, no shooting clothes, eyes closed, in shooting position, and see if you feel a sway.

Report back and we can try to go from there.
yana

Post by yana »

Swaying usually caused by yr balance being over yr toes instead of over the middle of yr feet.
So thats a check to do.
If yr zero position is off, and you correct this with tension, can also cause swaying.
If above is all ok, you can try altering yr leg/feet position, little bits at a time, see wether that helps.

Dunno wether you have weak ancles? Balace board, or other balance excersises will help
jpd5184

Post by jpd5184 »

i think some if it is with my NPA. with prone its easy to get my NPA correct but with offhand i feel like im always twisting my body a little bit to get to the targets.

one thing i notice is how close my support hand is to my body, its almost touching my trigger hand. I feel maybe extending my support hand farther down the stock might help a little bit. My support hand grip is palm up open hand grip just like niccoli capriani uses.
TheScarletTomato

Off Hand Swaying

Post by TheScarletTomato »

I used to have that problem. Try and to keep your weigt in the center of your feet or even closer to the heels. I had the problem because of my weight distribution. If you need to, try a fist.