Shot Timer

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
kbc

Shot Timer

Post by kbc »

I am looking for a shot timer. I have read various reviews on Midway and still can't decide which one to consider. The PACT Mark 4 XP seems like a solid one but has many negative reviews. I have tried the CED 7000. Its user interface is not very intuitive.

The is also the option of spending only $10 to down load an app onto a smart phone.

Does anyone has any recommendation?

Thank you.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I've found that for Olympic pistol they're pretty much unnecessary. You can only use it for Slow Fire, Air, and FP, where a watch is OK. But, you can get a cheap digital timer for a few bucks if you think you need it.
dschaller

Post by dschaller »

J have used a PACT timer for over 15 years with no problems what so ever. I found it quite useful for International Rapid Fire training, where I set it to beep at the start and on the cadence I was trying to develop for each shot. It gave me feedback on what time my shots actually were, and how close (or over) the last shot was. One of the shooters in our club downloaded an app for their phone, which she finds adequate for training Sport Pistol.
kbc

Which PACT

Post by kbc »

Hi dschaller,

Thanks for the info. Which PACT do you have? Midway website has a few negative reviews on PACT's customer service and warranty.

KBC
dschaller

Post by dschaller »

Not sure which model. It was the top of the line when I bought it - has two jacks to work with sky screens as a chronograph, many modes, etc. It is at my range right now, so I can't look at what model it is, but I have had it for longer than I really remember with no problems.
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

Have used to CED 8000 to run RF, Sport or most any event. Can be wired up to operate red/green lights while running the time and indicating over time shots. Wiring is a bit of a challenge, but it definitely will do the job.

Stan
dronning

Post by dronning »

I use a Competition Electronics Pocket Pro II and it has served me well.

I also stumbled apon a great smartphone training app for iPone/iPad & Android (I have the apple version) called Seconds Pro Interval Timer. You can custom build any type of timer for any training you are doing. It has several templates you can copy and simply adjust intervals. It's only $5 and there is a free version you can try out that has less functionality.

Example:
I used a boxing sample with rounds to build a minute up minute down offhand hold drill for my service rifle training. All I had to do was modify the up and down times and the number of rounds. Works great.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

I found a free iPhone app: Free Shot Timer which works well.