Help with choosing a scope

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

BDK1975

Help with choosing a scope

Post by BDK1975 »

I am currently building a high end customized .177 PCP air rifle which is will become my primary rifle. My dilemma is choosing the right scope for it. I will be shooting FT with this rifle.

I really have been tossed all over the place and can't seem to come to any decision. I would love to hear from some more experienced shooters as to what they feel is the best for my money.

I would like to spend around $500.00 but would be willing to go up to $700.00.

Time is ticking for me and I really need to make a decision as I would like to have the scope here before the rifle arrives in a couple of weeks.

Any help would be appreciated.
topclass52

scope

Post by topclass52 »

look at the Sightron Big Sky II line or Leupold. I have mounted each on precision air rifles and have been happy with both. The Sightron will save you a few bucks vs. Leupold.
BDK1975

Post by BDK1975 »

And only one opinion ?
Rover

Post by Rover »

I used to live near the Leupold plant in Oregon.

Jack Slack used to come out to the Bench Rest matches (from whence all accuracy trickles down) where I was a competitor. He would proceed to pick the shooters brains on needs and designs and give away a few free scopes.

It worked. I won't buy any other scope now.
Bowman26

Post by Bowman26 »

There is a Bushnell Elite 4200 8-32x for $400 on the Yellow forum Classifieds right now. Hard to beat that scope for that price to use for FT.

Bo
nellattocs

Re: Help with choosing a scope

Post by nellattocs »

What class are you going to shoot? I shoot open. So take what I say from that perspective.

I think the best scope in the price range you mention for Open class is the Falcon t50 10-50. I also have a Tasco Custom Shop 10-50 and, apart from being a little dark at high mag, is a fine scope. Of course, you only use high mag to get the parallax distance, then back off. I own both the Falcon and Tasco and like them both for different reasons.

The Falcon is a 1/8 MOA scope and the Tasco is a 1/4 MOA. I have seen the Tasco 10-50's used in the 300-400 range. I paid right at $700 for the Falcon new with a Harris sidewheel.

If you shoot Hunter, I don't know.

Scott

BDK1975 wrote:I am currently building a high end customized .177 PCP air rifle which is will become my primary rifle. My dilemma is choosing the right scope for it. I will be shooting FT with this rifle.

I really have been tossed all over the place and can't seem to come to any decision. I would love to hear from some more experienced shooters as to what they feel is the best for my money.

I would like to spend around $500.00 but would be willing to go up to $700.00.

Time is ticking for me and I really need to make a decision as I would like to have the scope here before the rifle arrives in a couple of weeks.

Any help would be appreciated.

Post by Guest »

Nikkostirling is very popular in my country. Side wheel is used to be custom made.