Varga Shooting Glasses

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

ModestoPete

Varga Shooting Glasses

Post by ModestoPete »

What is the difference between the Varga 2000 model and the 3000 model.

The photos and description appear to be the same on the Pilkington web page.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Really? This page?
http://www.pilkguns.com/varga.shtml
The descriptions are not identical. No mention of aluminum components for the 2000, unless I'm blind. Which is possible, consider my stubborn refusal to advance above 'expert' class...
Abi

Post by Abi »

Gerard...its an honest question.

Yes, the 3000 mentions aluminum fittings, but the 2000 does not mention what type of fittings it has.

The 2000 has plastic "fittings" (the connector parts). I guess less durable than the metal ones.
Chris

Post by Chris »

I agree it is not obvious what has changed other than the weight change.

They are lighter than the 2000 model but that is about all I could tell from the description.
"Constructed with aluminum fittings for extra strength and lighter weight."

I have had a pair for 5-6 years and I do not like the rubber on the part that goes behind my ear. I prefer my 20 yr old Knobloch's.
ModestoPete

Thank you all

Post by ModestoPete »

I have a 30 year old pair of Knobloch glasses but the nose piece has broken. I have tried to fix it but I am not happy with my repair.

I have a number of attachments, including the adjustable iris and several tinted lens so I was just looking for a new frame.

I was hoping the Varga frame might be a less expensive replacement but it looks like I may have to spend the $200 to get a new pair of Knobloch glasses.