6.2.2.2 for pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Spencer

6.2.2.2 for pistol

Post by Spencer »

I have put some AUS pistol-based thoughts on CCI/CBI flags at http://www.nrc-pa.com/CBI-CCI.htm
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Spencer,
Nice piece, only comment I have is that you appear to have some beef about inserting the CBI from the muzzle end. Not sure why you think this is a problem and as has been clearly shown in photographs of shooters <at the European airgun championships>, this is what a number have to do. I hear talk of rounding off the end, but that doesn't work (at least not on my gun). And of course straightening the cord works fine until you bend it again to get it into the breach.

Rob.
Last edited by RobStubbs on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I have to agree with Rob Spencer.

Rounding off the end did not help at all with feeding the line in to my 162EI. Using a pencil sharpener to make a point was better.

As you suggested, I used a heat gun on the outside of the line's curve to straighten it for the first 150mm(ish). It worked perfectly allowing me to feed the line in through the breech and it came straight out of the "compensator". 2 days later the curve was back so out came the heat gun again. 2 days later and the curve was back, again.
K38

Post by K38 »

I put a large "C" clamp on one end of the weed eater cord for weight and then hit it with the heat gun. If you put it in the breach of the Morini from the side it seems to work out well if you put a point on it with your pocket knife. I used .095" round orange cord from Home Depot. This is the cheap stuff, not the one fancy cross-section that I really use in the weed-eater. If anyone is having problems in the US I can send you one. I have been making them with foam practice golf balls on one end. These are great for revolvers as the fill the frame window and keep the cylinder open. I also tested them on a .45 cal. 1911 model by dropping the slide several times on it. It does not seem to even mare the cord much so any .22 or .32 blow-back gun is not likely to cause it any problems.

Dwight
brakarzac

Re: 6.2.2.2 for pistol

Post by brakarzac »

Spencer wrote:I have put some AUS pistol-based thoughts on CCI/CBI flags at http://www.nrc-pa.com/CBI-CCI.htm
Thanks for the info Spencer, although I do have a question about the flags during a match.

During the Aus Cup 2 in Brisbane last weekend, before the 50M event we were told that safety flags MUST be used everytime you put the gun down, even if you are just sitting on the chair or having a drink.

Each time the gun is not being held, the flag MUST be inserted.

I thought it was only if you walked away from your bay or people were forward of the firing line.
Please clarify

Cheers
Brad
Spencer

Re: 6.2.2.2 for pistol

Post by Spencer »

brakarzac wrote:
Spencer wrote:I have put some AUS pistol-based thoughts on CCI/CBI flags at http://www.nrc-pa.com/CBI-CCI.htm
Thanks for the info Spencer, although I do have a question about the flags during a match.

During the Aus Cup 2 in Brisbane last weekend, before the 50M event we were told that safety flags MUST be used everytime you put the gun down, even if you are just sitting on the chair or having a drink.

Each time the gun is not being held, the flag MUST be inserted.

I thought it was only if you walked away from your bay or people were forward of the firing line.
Please clarify

Cheers
Brad
my reading of the relevant sections of 6.2.2.2 (...all times other than during authorized dry firing or live firing on a firing point...) AND 6.2.2.6 AND 6.2.2.7 (...when any personnel are forward of the firing line...) has me agreeing with you.

However, make sure there are no additional conditions to the venue/competition (6.2.1.2)
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

I've been practicing loading a CBI now and then, just in case I show up at a match where they've started implementing the rules around those things. At the BC Championships first week of this month the officials hadn't even heard of this change - I told them the basics and laughter was heard all around. Especially around the inevitable pointing of barrels at faces, as was clearly evident during the European Championship finals. So far I find it much easier to load the weedwacker from the front end, WITHOUT pointing it in an unsafe direction or even putting my fingers in the flight path of a pellet. But I'm getting the hang of loading the line from the breech of the Pardini K10; it works well enough, just a bit of a tricky angle to work around. A few hundred more tries and it'll be just as easy as loading pellets.