Help with POI shift between slow and sustained fire

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

inthebeech

Help with POI shift between slow and sustained fire

Post by inthebeech »

For the durration of an entire indoor league (50 feet) now there has always been a dramatic shift in POI between slow and the T/R stages and I'd like some advice on where I can look / what I can work on. With both 22 and the 45, all in the black slow fire, the POI shifts to nearly off the paper (nine o'clock) for T & R in addition to opening up dramatically (6 inch groups). It is not as exagerated for 22 (on paper but near the edge) as it is for the 45 (very near the edge and usually a few rounds OFF the paper.

I have experimented with exagerating the finger placement and line of force of the shooting finger so that I am actually, consciously placing the pad on the far side (left) of the trigger and pullng towards the right while squeezing, with no effect. I do recognize that I sometimes finish a T or R string and notice that my finger tips are applying moderate force on the left grip panel while in SF I am very conscious to only squeeze the front and back straps.

I am also more consciously squeezing the trigger in T and R (timing it with that instantaneous good sight picture) while the SF break is an honest surprise and I am very pleased with the progress here as my groups have shrunk from taking up the whole paper to everything in the black, over the course of the three months of this indoor league.

That's as much information as I can recall at the moment; hopefully this will point your advice to something that I can try to remedy this.

Thanks.