FAS to be manufactured by Chiappa!

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Fortitudo Dei

FAS to be manufactured by Chiappa!

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

Quite by chance I found this video which was posted on YouTube recently. The indication is that Chiappa appear to have purchased the manufacturing rights to FAS pistols. Hopefully this will also mean better distribution. My fingers are crossed that they can pull this off and make it a commercial and sporting success.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx9VkhoCNVQ
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Now that is interesting - thanks for the heads-up!
TomAmlie

Excellent news

Post by TomAmlie »

That is extremely heartening news. With apologies to those who might be offended, it will be great if world-class competitive guns are made here in the US again. Although I'm not in the market for a new standard pistol, I'll be eager to see the quality and pricing of the line.
David Levene

Re: Excellent news

Post by David Levene »

TomAmlie wrote:With apologies to those who might be offended, it will be great if world-class competitive guns are made here in the US again.
I don't care where they are made, it's just good that there is now a possibility of development.

Unfortunately they will probably use the more recent hammer box design which, IMNSH opinion, gives a much "deader" trigger feel than the older design.
Leon

Post by Leon »

This is fantastic news!

FAS/Domino did the design of their pistols right the first time and they are still competitive in the highest shooting circles. Their take-down is pure genius of design.

I have a 602, 603, 604 and a 607 and will never be parted from them.
joe1347

Re: FAS to be manufactured by Chiappa!

Post by joe1347 »

Fortitudo Dei wrote:Quite by chance I found this video which was posted on YouTube recently. The indication is that Chiappa appear to have purchased the manufacturing rights to FAS pistols. Hopefully this will also mean better distribution. My fingers are crossed that they can pull this off and make it a commercial and sporting success.

Thanks for the link. The video indicates that the FAS pistols will be available later this year. Wonder what the SP607 .22 target pistol will end up selling for?

JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Yay! I might buy one.
joe1347

Post by joe1347 »

Published on Mar 11, 2013

FAS - Domino has long time been a well established name in the field of high-end sporting airguns, used by competitive shooters up to an olympic levels. An agreement recently intervened between the original company and the KIMAR Group, another Italian gun manufacturing corporation mostly known for running the Armi Chiappa brand, to relinquish the production line, the manufacturing capabilities and the rights for the FAS airguns to Chiappa itself. The Armi Chiappa people are working hard to start offering the FAS airguns again on the market as soon as it will be possible, . . .

No mention of the SP607 .22 standard pistol in the press release that accompanied the video, but the video seems to indicate that it will also be available along with the APs.

Possibly this site is too obscure, but one would think that the manufacturer would make an effort to reach out to the 'more engaged' .22 target shooters to start generating interest for the SP607 and ideally help promote it.
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

I'm asking why they show the old ap604 instead of the 609...?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

LukeP wrote:I'm asking why they show the old ap604 instead of the 609...?
The 604 has always been a great low(er) cost entry level pistol; extremely consistent with a superb trigger.

The best that can be said about the 609, IMHO, is that it is (probably) not too bad a gun.
jr

Post by jr »

JamesH wrote:Yay! I might buy one.
Me too! The colors are awesome!! (yeah, I know that doesn't correlate with good scores in a match, but mine are low enough anyway that it won't really matter)