In with both feet

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

dronning

In with both feet

Post by dronning »

I am a one year new (05/05/13) Highpower Rifle competitor and shoot a MAR177 for practice. I have shot target pistols before but have never competed. I wanted to see if pistol competition would be of interest, and decided to try out an air pistol for the first time - here is what happened.

My name is Dave, and I'm a new air pistol addict. I went to a practice session on 2/13/13 to see what this was all about. I shot one of the club guns and after getting some excellent instruction I shot a 442 with all shots in scoring rings!! I went home that night and spent about 10hrs reading everything I could. I joined this site and found many others which I spent maybe another 20 hours reading over the next several days.

I decided to jump in with both feet.

My new Steyr LP10E ordered from Pilkguns on 2/18/13 and had shipped 2 day UPS, it arrive just one week after picking up an air pistol for the first time. I took it to practice night just hours after it was delivered and only having time to adjust sights. I shot very well but got the yipps on one target and still ended up with a 428. Today at home I shot a 525 not fantastic except I have less than 300 shots down range.

Can you tell I'm excited!!

Dave
djsomers

Post by djsomers »

Welcome! I started last year and understand your excitement. It is a great journey with many ups and downs but lots of really great people and amazing hardware!

Good shooting to you!

Dave
djsomers

Post by djsomers »

ps

I found a used Steyr LP10 pre-ball bearing mechanical trigger and it is fantastic shooter too....

You made a good choice.
litz10x

Welcome!

Post by litz10x »

Welcome Dave!

What part of the country are you located? If you decide you want to compete and you haven't checked it out already, visit http://www.usashooting.org/7-events/interactivecalendar and you can find matches near you.

I switched over to AP almost 2 years ago and I love it. Smallbore 3p and air rifle got me through college but I'm definitely enjoying hauling only 1 box around these days. ;)

Take care,

Steph