Air Pistol Match !!!

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
arian_pupo

Air Pistol Match !!!

Post by arian_pupo »

I invite everyone that love air pistol shooting to participate in a cyber match. We can post our targets, 10 shots, 5 per target.
I have attached the target, so you can download and print it

Everyone is very welcome to post new ideas to the match.
Attachments
AirPistol10Mx2_45.pdf
(22.14 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

I'll suggest that using printed targets on regular office paper are usually rather hard to score, as the resulting torn patches tend to make it appear one's been firing small bananas rather than pellets, and through an over-sized un-rifled barrel at that. Using such paper against putty works... but not too many of us shoot against putty. I did for about a year and a half, but finally tired of plucking pellets out of the stuff. Strictly ISSF standard targets now, Kruger specifically.

As for submitting a score... well, not today. Put about 200 pellets downrange yesterday and almost the same number of dry fire clicks, pumped up my cylinders, and had a small weight workout. I did try one target just because you posted this, but the result is a seriously bad 87/100 (been averaging 92/100) scattered all over the place with only 3 10's. Shaking like a leaf. Maybe if this thread is active in a day or two I'll try again.
Tank

Re: Air Pistol Match !!!

Post by Tank »

arian_pupo wrote:I invite everyone that love air pistol shooting to participate in a cyber match. We can post our targets, 10 shots, 5 per target.
I have attached the target, so you can download and print it

Everyone is very welcome to post new ideas to the match.

I take it this is 10 metres?
If it is fine tomorrow I will shoot some cards. When is the cutoff date?
arian_pupo

Post by arian_pupo »

The idea is a 10 meter shooting, standing position, one hand and without support. If someone shots with both hand or support it'll be fine, just need to specify in the target side, Also specify the gun and sight used.
Let's have fun and express our skills, that is the idea !!!
funtoz

Post by funtoz »

Why not just participate in an already established internet postal? Patric has already done all the setup work at TargetShootingCanada. He encompasses all of the pistol disciplines (as well as rifle), is gender neutral, and it can be shoot with reduced targets.

Anybody know what happened to the Highnoon postal? That one seems to have died November 2001.

Larry
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Yeah, I've been putting scores in the odd month on the TSC postal match. Helps give me focus as most of my training is at 5metres these days on reduced targets (print 4 in the corners of the cards shot at the club) and I never try to score those tiny things. Our club has such a bouncy floor - thin concrete over some very springy steel beams - and a couple of shooters who like to 'settle in' their stance rather aggressively before each shot. So yeah, don't often bother trying to shoot for score there. And with matches only a couple of times per year around here the postal match fills in the blanks a bit. Just have to make sure the neighbourhood is a bit noisy when I'm shooting at 10m at home as my trap's outside and there are condos and houses everywhere. Provides a bit of added stress I guess, simulating match stress.

I can see the value in a 10 shot informal match though. Sort of a compressed test of ability, bringing that kind of attention to it while not asking everyone to go for a full 60 shot match.

--------------------

Okay, arm's slightly steadier today though some forearm fatigue is an ongoing difficulty lately. Tend to heel the odd shot as the arm gets tired. So here's a 10 shot target scored at 91/100 with an Eagle scope. Diabolo Basic through a Pardini K10 at 10metres.
Attachments
91-Feb19-2013.JPG