Mec Shot App? **Video Up**

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Thedrifter

Mec Shot App? **Video Up**

Post by Thedrifter »

Anyone used this app? it only for I-Phone/Ipod/... users and i am considering trying it.

did a search and didnt find much, i could share my insight after i find out what it can do, but would rather know before i spend $25 on an App,

they say it was used at London

**Update Video At Bottom**
Last edited by Thedrifter on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DesertShooter

Post by DesertShooter »

If you do get it I would really like to know how it works. I'd never heard of it until your post.
Thedrifter

Post by Thedrifter »

ill download tonight and should have a video by next week then, its a mec product so i dont think i could go wrong...

i have waisted money on worse things... like remington 22lr bullets...
jabberwo

Post by jabberwo »

Wow, $25 and I thought the ISSF app was a lot at $10. Have you looked at it? I'm planning on writing something like that for Android when I have some time and wouldn't charge anything like that.

-= Jab
Thedrifter

Post by Thedrifter »

let me just say i like it so far, and i will be sharing more information once i find my camra cable
BM

Post by BM »

I have it and used it with several shooters. You can not only register every shot but also email it as pdf to others as an example or to learn from.

It is expensive but when coaching a shooter and show them how their match went it really is worth the money!
DesertShooter

Post by DesertShooter »

Probably a dumb question. How does it work? Do you take a picture of your target after you're done shooting? I'm not sure if I'm just not understanding the description or what. I'm new to smart phones so I'm still trying to figure everything out about apps and how some of them work.
BM

Post by BM »

Directly after the shot is done you drag it to the location on the virtual target. You can make additional entries such as winddirection, how the shooter passed the task (bad, good, perfect). Then you close this shot and open registration of the next.
After the match is ended you will get a report and can also see the time the shooter needs after each shot.
The data is put in on the go; if a shooter steps out of competition in shot 34 you can show him the previous shots with more info than he has on the monitor.
DesertShooter

Post by DesertShooter »

Wow that's pretty cool. It sounds like I'm going to have spend money now and get it. Thanks BM.
Thedrifter

Post by Thedrifter »

@ desert shooter

Do you shoot at LARR? In La, if so I can show you the app before you make the purchase to help with your decision. I need to find the cable for my digital camera so I can post up a video of this app in use.
DesertShooter

Post by DesertShooter »

Yeah I do. The club I shoot/coach with usually goes down there for their prone matches and hopefully this month we're be going down for the USAS PTO. When are you usually there?
Thedrifter

Post by Thedrifter »

I should be there for the PTO, name is Cameron there is a good chance that we have met but we just so not know each others screen names.
DesertShooter

Post by DesertShooter »

Yeah I think we have. My name's Tommy. One of the guys from apple valley gun club.
GaryD

Post by GaryD »

Please can anyone give me a link to the App as I am having a problem finding it.
Thedrifter

Here it is

Post by Thedrifter »

Hope I covered everything; I am still Learning this App, but i wanted to share what it is like to operate.

Let me know if i left anything out,

Thanks
Cameron

http://s234.beta.photobucket.com/user/D ... c.mp4.html
Thedrifter

Post by Thedrifter »

BM wrote:I have it and used it with several shooters. You can not only register every shot but also email it as pdf to others as an example or to learn from.

It is expensive but when coaching a shooter and show them how their match went it really is worth the money!
Dang that's what I forgot, how to email the PDF's
GaryD

Post by GaryD »

Hi Cameron,
Damm!! did you have to post that video, it's made me gone and bought it just when I thought I had finished spending money on shooting equipment.

Anyway thanks for doing the video.
GaryD
GaryD

Post by GaryD »

Just a reminder didn't Guy Starik mention a similar program for the Iphone called Target Tracker, also from Itunes.
tenring

Post by tenring »

I got the target tracker. Have not had any luck with it. It was never accurate when I placed a shot on it. I tried to get help with it and was never able to resolve. I tried reloading the app. I got a new phone. Nothing.

This app looks much better. Wish I had my money back on the other app. I hate to try this one and it not work too. It might be worth a try.

tenring
Thedrifter

Post by Thedrifter »

I think it can only be as useful as you make of it, even though I just started using it, I still use my paper shooting journal that I made.

It might be more useful in the future once I have developed a history in it