Olympisches Pistolenschießen - Olympic pistol shooting

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
kbc

Olympisches Pistolenschießen - Olympic pistol shooting

Post by kbc »

I just received this book from Germany. It is published by MEC. I only know a few German words. By scanning for the few German words that I recognize and looking at its beautiful figures, it is an excellent book and has answers to many of the questions that have been brought up on this forum. I don't think MEC will have an English version out anytime soon because they have been talking about it for several years.

http://www.mec-shot.de/produkte/fachbue ... index.html
trinity

Post by trinity »

Is this a new MEC pistol book? I have the old, also in German, MEC pistol book... and yes, we are still waiting for the English version of that book...The old one has Ralf pointing his gun right at you. Perhaps they changed just the cover?
FredB

revised

Post by FredB »

trinity wrote:Is this a new MEC pistol book? I have the old, also in German, MEC pistol book... and yes, we are still waiting for the English version of that book...The old one has Ralf pointing his gun right at you. Perhaps they changed just the cover?
Just at a quick glance with my very limited German, this appears to be a revised/updated 2nd edition.

FredB
conradin

Post by conradin »

How did you order it?
kbc

Post by kbc »

Many German target gun shops sell this book. Use Google.de to find them if these shops do online sales.
I think you can order the book from Amazon.de too.
MEC prefers wire transfer for payment.
A better option is through Stopper.de. It is not on their website. So you have to email or call them.

I don't have the first edition. So I don't know the difference.
Marcos

Post by Marcos »

Hi,

Yes, it is the second edition. I have the first edition and it is an excellent book. Language is (this time) not a problem for me, as I'm German. :-)

Best whishes, Marcos
gn303

Guidelines for Competitif Pistol shooting.

Post by gn303 »

I found a document on the Internet that may be of interest to many. It is written by the Swiss Pistol Coach Carlo Chiesa. Of course it doesn't bring anything new, but it is a structured training document. Unfortunately it is only in French...

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid= ... OTM0YzQ3Nw

Greetings,

Guy
RobinC

Pistol Shooting

Post by RobinC »

This is a MEC book and can be obtained mail from their Website.

I was there in September and this book is in the process of being translated into English and they hope it will be available in the Spring.
Good Shooting
Robin
antispar

Post by antispar »

Just returned from IWK Munchen, and MEC people stated they expect English translation to be ready in autumn.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

antispar wrote:Just returned from IWK Munchen, and MEC people stated they expect English translation to be ready in autumn.
Which autumn ?

I'm half serious as this has been being translated for many years now and it's always 'almost done'.

Rob.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Yes it's been in the process of being translated for 8 or so years now, so I wouldn't hold my breath. I would be nice if it ever does see the light of day in English.
jliston48

Post by jliston48 »

Just received an email from MEC. They said "by the end of the year".

I'm hoping they mean 2013!
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Apparently just came out in English. Has not made it to the US dealers yet but is available directly from MEC for 44.8Euro (~$61) plus shipping.
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

We should have copies of it in stock sometime mid December,