Lightest standard pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Allshooting

Lightest standard pistol

Post by Allshooting »

I am thinking lightest pistol to young shooters. According to specs, MG2 is light compared to others. Barrel is quite heavy and I think it could be lightened quite a lot.

Any comments?
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

most of the current match pistols for 25m are quite light. CM22RF alu is extremely light and SSP is also light. mg2 can be ordered with alu front weight and it will weight less than a kilo. no need to mess with the barrel. even pardini can be made to feel more light if you remove all the weights entirely. i don't know how aw93 light would feel (never had the chance to play with it) but given that most of its mass is in the hand of the shooter i would say it would be ok.
Allshooting

Post by Allshooting »

CM22RF alu 900g
MG2 880/1150g

I weighed stock condition MG2 without magazine, 1080g
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

I weighed stock condition MG2 without magazine, 1080g
Steel or Alu barrel shroud? With or without slide brakes? With or without absorber weights? You can get almost every modern SP down to 900gr, and if you can't keep 900gr up, you're not strong enough anyway.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

mine with the alu rf weight is about a kilo. i can weight it when i go home if you like.
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

My MG2 actuals (without magazine), 999g with standard front excluding sideplates, sideplates bring it up to 1055g. 1125 g with full rf kit mounted on front including the sliding weights. All weights done with rink grip, and on cheap electronic scales.
jipe

Post by jipe »

CM22M RF aluminum weight 860g without the additional weight and without the rail that carry the additional weights.

Note that all pistol weight depends of the grip type and size, the weight above is with a Rink small laminated grip. The walnut grips are slightly lighter than the laminated one.
EdStevens

Post by EdStevens »

What about the Margolin/Vostok? I don't think there's a much lighter .22 than that. Actually, recoil can be a problem (relatively speaking) because it's so light.