Feinwerkbau model 2 co2 fill adapter help

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
405gap

Feinwerkbau model 2 co2 fill adapter help

Post by 405gap »

I purchased a new Feinwerkbau co2 fill adapter. It came with the filter seal ring insert. When I try to screw it onto the valve on the co2 tank the filter will not go up inside the valve. What should I do? Am I missing something? Thanks for your help.
David M

CYLINDER VALVE THREADS

Post by David M »

Check to see if your tank thread is compatable and the adaptor length is sufficient. Some adaptors in Australia I have had to make spacers to fit.

Throughout the world, carbon dioxide cylinder valves have a special thread. In Europe, Africa and much of Australasia, the thread conforms to British Standard 341 Part 1 (.860 in x 1/14 in W) or the direct European equivalent (DIN 477, SN 219505, etc). These threads are in effect interchangeable.

British BS341 No. 8, European DIN 477 No. 6 and SN 219505 Type 7 French NF E 29-650 Type C Australian AS2473 Type 30

America CGA 320 and Japanese JIS B 8246 CO2 threads are different and are not compatible with each other nor with British/European CO2 threads).

American CO2 Valve Thread
Cylinder valve outlet thread: .825-14NGO-RH-EXT
405gap

Feinwerkbau model 2 co2 fill adapter

Post by 405gap »

I have took the filter seal ring insert out of the adapter. The adapter fits the co2 tank valve. The threads and length are correct. Are other Feinwerkbau model 2 owners using the filter? I know you would need the seal ring in the adapter. Has anyone cut the filter part off of the insert?
Rover

Post by Rover »

In all the CO2 guns I've owned, I've never seen a filter. I can't imagine why one would be needed.
nellattocs

Post by nellattocs »

Try screwing the cylinder into the adapter first, then screw the adapter onto the co2 tank.