Lp10 or Lp10E?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
JaxAirPistolED

Lp10 or Lp10E?

Post by JaxAirPistolED »

Hi guys, I finally got enough money to buy a Steyr lp10 or lp10e. I was wondering whixh I should get. Any advice would be gladly appreciated.
[/list]
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Buy whichever one you prefer the feel of.

They are both good triggers, but diferent from each other.

Nobody can tell you which one YOU will prefer, only which one they prefer.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Buy the LP10E, then you can have buyers remorse and sell it to buy the Morini 162.
JaxAirPistolED

Post by JaxAirPistolED »

Which is less maintenance? Which is more proven?
shooter560

Post by shooter560 »

You really need to try both, the electronic is a very on/off/dead feel trigger, whereas the mechanical does feel like other mechanical triggers and so has a feel to it if that makes sense. Plus another thing to consider is the grip on both is totally different due to the electronics in the grip its wider and a different profile
Rover wrote:Buy the LP10E, then you can have buyers remorse and sell it to buy the Morini 162.
Arr but he'd only ever sell it if he was bored of being a winner and wanted a trusted and proven pistol that will only get 2nd place at best (going by the top level of comps that is) :p
Rover

Post by Rover »

I speak from experience; being a winner is vastly overrated. The only thing that counts is the enthusiasm of your groupies.

If you don't believe me just ask Zurek and Reiter.

Jax, stop pestering us with this silly crap. WTF do we know.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Rover wrote: Jax, stop pestering us with this silly crap. WTF do we know.
I suppose that's one way of saying "Merry Christmas and goodwill to all men" :-)
Rover

Post by Rover »

Jax, I apologize for being so testy. I had not yet consumed enough "Holiday Spirits."

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

David Levene will tell you which gun to buy and you may be certain that it will be the correct choice.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Rover wrote: David Levene will tell you which gun to buy ........
That's one thing I won't do.
JaxAirPistolED

Post by JaxAirPistolED »

Rover, I understand what you mean....I have had the inlaws here for 5 days....
I am asking because no one near me has a steyr or morini so I have to ask your opinions.
Rover

Post by Rover »

In view of your situation, I would buy the one I could get the best deal on. It really would not be a BAD choice and possibly would be the BEST choice.

In my own case, I'd probably buy a Pardini K58 or one of the top CO2 guns (if I didn't live in a really hot climate). In real life (as opposed to some with Olympic fantasies) it would be entirely competitive with the PCP guns you're looking at.

Having tried most everything out there, I will personally guarantee that you can't buy points. You can save money and buy more beer, though.
rmca

Post by rmca »

Rover wrote:Having tried most everything out there, I will personally guarantee that you can't buy points. You can save money and buy more beer, though.
That means buy the mechanical one. It´s a bit cheaper. :)

That´s the one I have, and having shoot both, I prefer the mechanical trigger, it has a better feel. It´s difficult to describe but the trigger feels more "real" to me. Plus, you don't need batteries.

If you're concerned about the Olympics then know this, Jin Jong-oh set the world record with a mechanical trigger LP10, and he now shoots the electronic version.

You can't go wrong with any of them... They WILL out shoot you (or anyone else for that matter) any day of the year!
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

JAX;

Believe it or not,about a year ago I was in the same boat as you, looking for my ultimate 10m air pistol, the one to spend some cash for and it to be the end all pistol.

My choice, as yours is, was between the LP10 or LP10E

I looked at everything there was out there.

Settled on the Steyr because of the grip adjustability, period.

I purchased an LP1 compressed air from Pilk at a reasonable price and have yet to be wanting anything else for a 10m air pistol.

Bottom line is that they will all outshoot you.
I am working on trying to outshoot it :)

Happy holidays

Clarence

P.S:
Rover calls it my fluff and buff pistol.
It is the red, white and blue Barbara Mandrell / USA shooting special edition pistol without the engraving by Scott Pilkington #235 out of 250
Rover

Post by Rover »

It has farkles and Clarence puts it on top of his Xmas tree with a mini-spot shining on it.
JJJJJJ

Post by JJJJJJ »

Jax, the mechanical gives you a hard stop, you can feel the lever making contact with the sear. I prefer the hard stop because it lets me know when to start prepping the trigger; in addition the force is directly applied to the sear unlike the electronic which uses a solenoid. 

With the mechanical you can feel the sears disengage like breaking glass, it gives you more feedback regarding the trigger and if it broke at the right time.  For me with Air I’ll always go with mechanical, and electronic with free pistol.

Jay
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

Rover wrote:It has farkles and Clarence puts it on top of his Xmas tree with a mini-spot shining on it.
Rover;
How could you know that ?
Were you peeping in my living room window the other night :)
I did notice at the last PTO that you had to stop shooting and you were admiring it while I was shooting, or was the lighting reflecting off of it and was blinding you so you had to stop and wait for me to get done :)

Happy holidays;
Clarence
Rover

Post by Rover »

You found me out, Clarence. I was standing there, jaw agape, dazzled by its loveliness. I even had a chub.
JaxAirPistolED

Post by JaxAirPistolED »

Hi guys, I have thought about everything you have said so I am going to gp with the Steyr lp10 compact. I am not very tall or strong, and I think the compact might be better for me.
John C

Post by John C »

If you haven't already purchased the pistol, consider one of the LP1/LP1C our host has for sale on this forum: http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=37545

Although these are CO2 pistols, as rover said, you're not really giving up much over PCP pistols. Since you live in Florida, you won't really have problems with the cold. Down the road, you can upgrade these pistols to PCP, if you so choose.

The only issue with these pistols is the restricted choice of grips.

-John
Rover

Post by Rover »

You'll give up absolutely NOTHING going to CO2.

With the money you'll save you can buy lots of beer and pellets. Those 16 ounce curls will whip that flabby body into shape in no time.

I once had a Russian neuro-surgeon tell me that they often had a shot or two of vodka before an operation to soothe their "essential tremor".

You can laugh, but I have found that ONE beer before a match (don't go to lunch with John Zurek and "Crazy Ernie" Rodriguez) worked wonders.