.32 long powder measure

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

.32 long powder measure

Post by 000245 »

Hey guys..what powder measure are you using to load light charges like 1.5-1.7 bullseye in the .32 long.Thanks
David M

Post by David M »

Hornady Lock-N-Load Powder Measure with a Pistol Micrometer insert.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

irrespective of the powder or calibre, for any given 'load' the optimum seems to be to have the powder chamber diameter and height equal.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

I'm about to try the Redding 3BR setup with the pistol micrometer. It is supposed to be good between 1/2gr and 10gr. Everything looks "tight", i.e. no slop in the system, so should give repeatable results. Following Spencer's comment, this micrometer looks like the proportions of the measuring chamber will be about right at the 1.4 to 1.8gr load.
Will report back in the New Year.
Bob
PFribley

powder measure

Post by PFribley »

Lee micro.
JohnLK

.32 S&W Long

Post by JohnLK »

I too reload .32 S&W Long.
With the light powder charges I wasn't comfortable with the 4 station progressive I was using so I sold it and bought a Lock and Load progressive.
The powder measure seems to be the equal of my faithful RCBS Uniflow plus I am now able to use a custom made expander on a separate station.
I am very satisfied with the Hornady, much more so than the 4 station I had.
For .45 and .38 Spl I use my Star.
JLK
John C

Post by John C »

I'm using a Targetmaster UK. http://www.targetmasteruk.com/

It's a trickler, so the powder charge is absolutely dead on each time. Much more so than conventional measures.

It's pretty slick. The trickling is automated, so you can do other loading tasks while the charge is trickling up, checking the final load once it's stopped.

Although they're not currently sold in the US, it's not impossible to get one. There are a few out in the wild over here.

-John
J.Hoes

Post by J.Hoes »

RCBS Little Dandy and 00-size rotor for 1.5 gr N310. (.32 S&W long)

Greetings Hans.
fc60

Powder Dispensing

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

I use a Star with the "O" (1/4" thick) powder bar. I use interchangeable bushings sized in increments of 0.005 cc.

Powders like Bullseye, VV N310, and WST will throw ten charges +/- 0.2 grains. i.e. 1.4 grains in my desired weight, so ten charges will weigh 13.8-14.2 grains.

Cheers,

Dave
sobakavitch

Post by sobakavitch »

. . . .
Last edited by sobakavitch on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leon

Post by Leon »

BobGee wrote:I'm about to try the Redding 3BR setup with the pistol micrometer. It is supposed to be good between 1/2gr and 10gr. Everything looks "tight", i.e. no slop in the system, so should give repeatable results. Following Spencer's comment, this micrometer looks like the proportions of the measuring chamber will be about right at the 1.4 to 1.8gr load.
Will report back in the New Year.
Bob
Suggested attire for shooters standing next to Bob when he uses reloads with powder measured with his new Redding 3BR...