2013 - Rocky Mountain Rifle Championships

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

jhmartin

2013 - Rocky Mountain Rifle Championships

Post by jhmartin »

FYI -- Program is out on the USA Shooting website.

I noticed that they are running the new timelines so I asked what other rules are to be implemented.

Wanda Jewell sent this response:
Hi Joel,

USAS is not adopting the new boot rule until after 2014. Pants rule about the seat pad is being adopted and the jackets will remain the same. At Rocky Mountain, the stance will be taken that we are teaching the athletes and any non-compliance will be pointed out.

We are probably going to follow the new Finals format as it is an excellent training venue to introduce them to both our athletes and range officials.

We will be providing a lot in the way of Match Directors Bulletins for this match. Wanda

Wanda R. Jewell
So, I guess keep an eye on the website as MDBs come out.
It is also stated in the program that the 3-P will follow the new shooting order --- Kneeling, Prone, then Standing.

Nice that the boots get a year grace period.
Seatpad is an easy fix.
Hopefully they'll delay the Jacket side panel enforcement for a while longer... ???
metermatch

Rocky Mountain 2013

Post by metermatch »

I would like to know is this match is really open to anyone? What I mean, is I haven't been active for a few years, so I don't have any current scores, however I have had multiple Master classifications and national records in the past, so I am not a beginner or a danger on the range. I will probably only shoot 580's prone.

I am interested in getting back into shooting, and just wanted to make this match one of my first matches, because the OTC is such a nice place to shoot. I have my eye on a return to Camp Perry.

The match bulletin says open to USA Shooting members (I am). I just didn't know if there was some policy about current activity that was required. In the past, they have wanted something like 2 match scores reported in the prior 12 months. I will only have 1 or 2.

Thanks,

Jeff
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Jeff .... first come, first served ...
Download the entry form & send it in.