Stolen Air Pistols at Winter Air Gun

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Jack Milchanowski

Stolen Air Pistols at Winter Air Gun

Post by Jack Milchanowski »

Two ladies from the same club had their air pistols stolen while at the Winter Air Gun matches. Coaches and parents please watch for a different air pistol showing up in your club which you might not have seen before.

Please consider a donation to help a Junior Shooter replace her air pistol. Visit http://www.teamshootingstars.org/ The first news story has a little more information.
nellattocs

Post by nellattocs »

What make and model of pistol was stolen?

Scott
Jack Milchanowski

I am not 100% sure but I believe the air pistols were: Gehmann GP-1 and a Steyr LP10. Maybe someone from the Shooting Stars club could confirm this.
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

If true, there's a special place in Hell for whoever did it.

I guess they didn't want to wait in line when they got there.
Jack Milchanowski

It happened after the second day's shooting and before the third match. They each had to borrow an AP to shoot the last match. Taylor made it to the finals each day including the third with a borrowed AP. The police were called and a report was made. USA Shooting was/is well aware of the incident.

Merry Christmas
conradin

Post by conradin »

Do the pistols have any personalized markings?
litz10x

Taylor's AP: Gehmann GP1

Post by litz10x »

FYI:

Taylor's AP is a Gehmann GP1 and the serial #1105

If you're interested in making a donation here's the link:
http://www.teamshootingstars.org/event- ... ion/?ee=11
jabberwo

Post by jabberwo »

I was with their coach when he found out about it. I immediately thought back to two guys hanging out near the trophy case -- which happens to be right next to the storage room. And those two guys wouldn't have come to mind ever again except for what happened -- they simply looked out of place among the shooters but chocked them down as brothers or friends of one or more of the shooters.

A room by the way that was just about always propped open negating the badge-activated lock on it (since not every shooter was staying in at the OTC and therefore had a badge). I was surprised of the lack of security. Would it be that hard to have a check-coat kind of volunteer sitting in the doorway to pass out and take in equipment?

-= Jab
caveman

stollen pistols

Post by caveman »

Jack,
check you email
Jack Milchanowski

Caveman,

I have not received any email from you. I sent a PM with all my email addresses which you can try.

Jack
litz10x

Good news

Post by litz10x »

"UPDATE (12/22/12): Thanks to the generous donations of over 20 people, we’ve raised enough $$$ to purchase another air pistol so we’ve closed this fundraiser."

http://www.teamshootingstars.org/news/t ... l-gallegos
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

It is extremely nice that people would donate to replace a stolen air pistol, however, your first line of defense against theft should be your own insurance.

If you are traveling with guns, a special rider covering them is a wise thing to have.