Whats the value of FWB model 80?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
bhoges17

Whats the value of FWB model 80?

Post by bhoges17 »

Im lefty and have no use for this air pistol? I know they are top quality. I functions perfectly and its in perfect condition except for a small scratch by the windage knob. Maybe is 97% or better. No weights but has the adjustable grip.
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

$150 maybe.
bhoges17

Post by bhoges17 »

Please, its worth more than that. Bluebook is $600-500. I thats never a great gauge but $150 is too low. Not many out there to see what they sell for.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

120 Euros on egun.
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

Well you have to consider the model 80 could be 30 years old, there is very little support in the way of parts or service( yes there is some) and the balance and cocking are not up to the standards of some of todays pump guns. When bought new it was a $400 gun most likely. Sorry.
bhoges17

Post by bhoges17 »

Cool thanks.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Since (apparently) every single poster on TT shoots a PCP, I doubt if they want it. BUT, you could post it at about $400 and I bet it would be gone the same day. You could hold out for more, but it might take 2 or 3 days.
FredB

selling prices

Post by FredB »

FWB 80s have been selling for $450-$750 on TT and the various US airgun sites. The price depends on condition and whether the gun comes with such accessories as the 3 muzzle weights, fitted case and original paperwork. They sell much lower in Europe (eGun) and are not purchased by top-level shooters, but rather by US collectors and lower-level shooters.

Nearly all the major parts are interchangeable with the FWB 65, so parts are easily available, and the gun is very solidly built, so it will shoot forever if reasonably maintained. If you like it, just buy a left-hand grip from I.S.S. (who also has many parts for it), and enjoy. If you want to sell it, list it for an appropriate price on TT or American Airguns classifieds or Gunbrokers. If you list it for $150 it will sell in 10 minutes. If you list it for $500, it might take a day or so.

HTH,
FredB
Gnr527

Post by Gnr527 »

I bought an 80 and a 90 about a year ago and they generally go for anything from Circa 150 euros to Circa 350 euros on e-gun. Lots on e-gun.

A lot depends on condition and if they have fittings/case and stamped target card.

Here in the UK you can very often pick up old pistols like these cheaply from other club members but in the advertised market I woould expect to be lucky to pick up a good one under £300 - and could run to a good bit more.

Just my view

John
bhoges17

Post by bhoges17 »

Fred thanks for the info.