air pistol training program by Jukka Lahti

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
nellattocs

Post by nellattocs »

Thanks for the mini-review. I went to his site and got his free e-book and found his occasional emails interesting.
taz wrote:I decided to buy the program. It was cheap enough to justify the risk.
Basically it is a well structured 20 week long program with various exercises. It includes dry fire exercises, live fire exercises, shooting fitness specific exercises, general fitness, mental etc.
In all, as someone already mentioned, it includes various information that someone could find on the internet.
I believe that if someone were to follow the program as it is structured his scores would definitely improve (unless he was shooting 580 already).
The "problem" is that the program requires 5 out of 7 days of the week from 15min to 3 hours training which a lot people cannot afford to invest. On the other hand as is correctly stated in the video, there are no shortcuts, if you want to improve you have to put in the hours and train.
superstring

Post by superstring »

I don't quite get what's going on here. I went to the site and submitted my info for the free eBook. When I clicked on the link in the confirming email, I was directed to buy his $37 (not $30) book. I didn't buy the book and I don't have the "free" eBook but now I get regular emails which claim to supplement his free eBook! What the heck?
shooter'sdad

Post by shooter'sdad »

The free eBook is a 16 page PDF file with 7 brief topics, some go into a little more depth. A kinda teaser piece to get you to bite on the program. I received a download link in an email. Attached is the table of contents. Considering the program for my daughter.
Attachments
image.jpg
Last edited by shooter'sdad on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aryank

Post by Aryank »

So is this this training program for $ 37 worth a buy overall?

Is the content inside good enough?

Thank you
savantguarde

Post by savantguarde »

If you are looking for a training program then I would say: Yes!

I am looking to improve my score to the point where I can begin to think about competing (Currently sub 500 beginner shooter). I have found lots of good pointers online, on this forum / pilkguns etc but I am ignorant how to organize this into a training program. This product provides a training program, no gimmicks, no secrets or 'magic' but to echo the other feedback in this thread on the program on whats provided.

I have the program now I just have to try to stick to it and I have no doubt my scores will improve.

On a side-note, Jukka will respond to questions by mail reasonably promptly if you want to ask anything before-hand. (I did this to check a few things)
drdenver

Post by drdenver »

This guy is full of crap I read his free "book" and there was absolutely nothing new. We all know those things. I doubt he has never even really shoot air pistol he probably just read a few books and copied them.

Total waste of time!
gn303

Pistol Training

Post by gn303 »

drdenver, I think you're a little hard on Jukka. Of course he isn't telling anything new. As I mentioned before, all that can be said about shooting is on the Internet. Jukka's 'program' saves you the time of looking it all up. As I mentioned in an earlier mail, the Aussies have a good manual on pistol shooting that can be ordered on their website. But if you hope to shoot 10's by only reading a manual, you will be disappointed. Consequent training, learning from what you do well is the best way to go. Don't give up and have fun shooting!
Best regards.
Guy