Pardini firing pin

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

xeye

Pardini firing pin

Post by xeye »

Just replaced a broken Pardini SP New firing pin.

I placed empty brass in it and fired it to compare new vs old fp impressions..they seem fairly similar. This pardini has always put what appears to be a very solid hit on the brass.

Now, other threads have said.....after you change the fp, check to make sure the fp does not protrude too far forward and smack the breech face if there is not brass in there.

Just how the heck do you do that? Is there a practical way or do people actually use machinist's blue and drop the hammer on an empty chamber to see it there is a mark?

TIA

Bill
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

if you push the FP forward from the rear of the slide, look to see that it does not protrude proud of the breechface, You can use Dychem or Prussian blue if you like. Be sure the pin moves freely back and forth before shooting a live round.
xeye

Post by xeye »

thanks,

checked as you suggested and no problem.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Greg,

What do you do if the FP hits the breach face?

I am not sure if mine does but when I can check I would like to know what I can do to fix it.

C
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

If it were mine, I would cut it. I just went to get you the measure on a new one and I am out of them. If you elect to cut one, be sure to have another in case you over cut.