Range bag or case for free pistols?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
javaduke

Range bag or case for free pistols?

Post by javaduke »

I use my Pachmayr box when I shoot bullseye, which seems to be kind of standard for bullseye shooters, but wondering if there's any kind of de-facto standard for free pistol shooters? I need a bag or case that would contain two pistols (rather loooong Morini CM80 with the front sight almost fully extracted, and backup TOZ-35), spotting scope and tripod, some ammo, ear muffs, tools, chamber flags, other small items. Any suggestions?
montster

Tool box

Post by montster »

For air and free pistol I use a tool box. Gather up what you want to carry and estimate the size you need. Less than 20 bucks. You can put a lock on it if desired. Mine also has a rubbe seal on the lip. The pull out tray is great for carrying lube, cleaners etc that can leak.

Love my pistol box for BE but if money was tighter I would customize a tool box to carry 3 guns and a scope for far less money.
shadow

Case

Post by shadow »

Serious shooters who travel use a Pelican case. I use a "faux" aluminum case that I got at Home depot along with some pick n pluck foam BUT there is no way that this case would hold up to air travel.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I use both my Pachmayr and a small hard case for my free pistol. I need the large case for my scope, earmuffs, Standard and CF pistols, and accessories. I can't forget my item of great interest to you guys, the stapler. I almost never travel by air to matches.
vdgert

Post by vdgert »

I have used a pelican 1560 for two pistols (one toz35 & walther gsp), 1 scope & tripod, earmufs, and tools and there was still some space left.
It has wheels and is very strong! and can be locked with 2 lockpads.
I know of shooters who use the smaller version 1510 (also 2 pistols), but then it becomes more difficult to put in a scope etc. Now I use a smaller case, since I have only the toz35.
some pics at : http://fotos.mastersofflanders.be/#home
precisionpistolbox

Free Pistol Case

Post by precisionpistolbox »

We produce all sorts of custom competition pistol cases based on a customers specific needs. 20"-24" long Pachmayr-style boxes are common. A Free Pistol case is a relatively simple proposition, I just need the configuration of the barrel/counterweight area in order to produce the fingers that will grip that area properly.

Feel free to call me with any questions.

Greg Walloch
Precision Pistol Box
(949) 280-7092