air gun repair help

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Raymond Odle

air gun repair help

Post by Raymond Odle »

I was wondering if anyone here has any influence with Larry's Guns.
Eight months ago we sent him a Hammerli air rifle. We checked around and where told he was one to repair the Hammerli. He told six to eight weeks for repairs.
We keep getting the response " He hasn't gotten to it yet".
The new season is way under way. We need our rifle. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
Should I be worried (actually I am)?

Ray Odle
Illinois
David Levene

Re: air gun repair help

Post by David Levene »

Raymond Odle wrote:We keep getting the response " He hasn't gotten to it yet".
Did you send it by a carrier that can provide a proof of delivery.

If not then maybe he hasn't received it.

Post by Guest »

Good luck with Larry's. I've never had any luck with their brand of customer service. I'm glad there is another Pardini dealer now.

If you can get your rifle back from him, perhaps our host will work on it. I've always had the best service from Pilkguns.
ZD

Post by ZD »

To be rather blunt, you need to get your airgun back from Larry's guns, period. My brother sent his Hammerli a couple of years ago to have the regulator rebuilt. I don't recall as to how long they exactly had it, but it was quite a few months. We ended up sending it twice I believe, and the gun itself only worked for a few months after that. My brother ended up scrapping the gun. He got the same response that they were too busy to work on it. Their customer service was non-existent, despite the fact that the business was referred to as the only one that fixes hammerlis.
randy1952

Post by randy1952 »

Raymond Odle wrote:I was wondering if anyone here has any influence with Larry's Guns.
Eight months ago we sent him a Hammerli air rifle. We checked around and where told he was one to repair the Hammerli. He told six to eight weeks for repairs.
The new season is way under way. We need our rifle. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Ray Odle
Illinois
If you get your gun back contact Pyramyd Air if the host can't fix the rifle. They are supposed to be warranty repair for Hammerli. Is the rifle the older AR50 or the newer AR20? The AR50 maybe more difficult to repair as parts maybe hard to get.
Raymond Odle

Post by Raymond Odle »

Larry's Guns have verified they have it.
It is the older AR 50.
If he can't or will not fix it, I wish he would tell me and send me back the rifle.
If he didn't want to work on it, he shouldn't have told us he would.

Ray
Rover

Post by Rover »

Why tell us? Tell Larry. You have a phone.
randy1952

Repair

Post by randy1952 »

Raymond Odle wrote:Larry's Guns have verified they have it.
It is the older AR 50.
If he can't or will not fix it, I wish he would tell me and send me back the rifle.
If he didn't want to work on it, he shouldn't have told us he would.

Ray
I am sure he will make repairs, but when is a matter of when he will get to it. The last time I talked to him which was years ago he stocked up on parts for the AR50, so he maybe the only one with parts. I would check with one of the other dealers handling Hammerli to see if they at least are able to fix the older AR50s. If they can't then your options are limited as Larry may have the only parts available.

The rifle at the time was state of the art and shot wonderfully, but it had it's problems. I would start planning on phasing out the rifle as the regulators on those rifle aren't very robust as compared to other manufactures and getting them fixed in the future will be more of a problem. The rifle has very delicate parts, which is exemplified by the fine threading that the air cylinder screws onto. I used to joke about the delicate parts being a leftover from making the older Swiss mechanical watches.

The rifle has threading that is subject to metal galling because the threading is so fine. I lost two cylinders because of galling problems and I tried all sorts of different silicone lubricants and the best seemed to be the one used by divers. However, it had to applied just right or even it wouldn't prevent galling.
Last edited by randy1952 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
randy1952

Post by randy1952 »

Raymond Odle wrote:I was wondering if anyone here has any influence with Larry's Guns.

Ray Odle
Illinois
Here is some information from another blog.

" From January 1st 2012 Armex in Birmingham are the official Umarex agents & import the Hammerli AR20 along with Walther, they offer first class service too. Umarex own Hammerli, Walther, Rohm & other companies. I see no reason why they can't service the AR50 too, although some Hammerli older product spares are no longer available. "

The following is there customer service department and gunsmith. You would need to call them to verify they can repair the AR50 as they may not have the parts available. In which case, Larry may have the only parts available for that old model.
visitor

Post by visitor »

Why tell us? Tell Larry. You have a phone.
What, and give up on a good interweb pity-party?
Raymond Odle

Post by Raymond Odle »

randy1952 wrote:

Ray Odle
Illinois
Here is some information from another blog.

" From January 1st 2012 Armex in Birmingham are the official Umarex agents & import the Hammerli AR20 along with Walther, they offer first class service too. Umarex own Hammerli, Walther, Rohm & other companies. I see no reason why they can't service the AR50 too, although some Hammerli older product spares are no longer available. "

The following is there customer service department and gunsmith. You would need to call them to verify they can repair the AR50 as they may not have the parts available. In which case, Larry may have the only parts available for that old model.
Is this Armex in the UK or USA? I can't find any info for USA.
JanetR

Post by JanetR »

Hi All,

I am the Director of Sales and Marketing for Competitive Shooting at Umarex USA. We are located in Ft. Smith, Arkansas and have a large distribution center. We are the importer and distributor for Walther and Hammerli and we have a service department. Our gunsmith spent a week and a half at the Walther factory in Ulm, Germany getting intensive training on competition air guns and firearms. We have many spare parts in stock for Walther and Hammerli and whatever we don't have, I can try to get it from Germany.

There are not many parts available for the Hammerli AR50. This is a link to the Walther website where you can download exploded views with spare parts lists for new and old Walthers and Hammerlis.

http://www.carl-walther.de/cw.php?lang= ... oded-views

If you are looking for a part or need service, email me at: janet.raab@umarexusa.com or call 479-646-4210 x291

I will do the best I can to try to get you the part you need.

I travel to many competitions and have a Walther display, so stop by to see me. I will bring some spare parts with me and I can do minor repairs on the newer model Walther products.

Janet Raab
Walther Competition Shooting
Raymond Odle

Post by Raymond Odle »

JanetR wrote:Hi All,

I am the Director of Sales and Marketing for Competitive Shooting at Umarex USA. We are located in Ft. Smith, Arkansas and have a large distribution center. We are the importer and distributor for Walther and Hammerli and we have a service department. Our gunsmith spent a week and a half at the Walther factory in Ulm, Germany getting intensive training on competition air guns and firearms. We have many spare parts in stock for Walther and Hammerli and whatever we don't have, I can try to get it from Germany.

There are not many parts available for the Hammerli AR50. This is a link to the Walther website where you can download exploded views with spare parts lists for new and old Walthers and Hammerlis.

http://www.carl-walther.de/cw.php?lang= ... oded-views

If you are looking for a part or need service, email me at: janet.raab@umarexusa.com or call 479-646-4210 x291

I will do the best I can to try to get you the part you need.

I travel to many competitions and have a Walther display, so stop by to see me. I will bring some spare parts with me and I can do minor repairs on the newer model Walther products.

Janet Raab
Walther Competition Shooting
Thanks for the info. Say hello to Marcus.