Looking to start library

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

shooter'sdad

Looking to start library

Post by shooter'sdad »

Looking for suggestions on books that would make up a sound basis for shooting library. 3 objectives...
1) teenage intermediate rifle and pistol shooter (air and .22)
2) 4-H kids from 9-18 mostly beginners
3) a novice 4-H coach (me) for air and .22 pistol and rifle

Titles already hunting down include MEC 2009 Ways of the Rifle, Fenning's Smallbore Rifle Shooting: A Practical Guide, 1988 Yur'yev Competitive Shooting, MEC Air Rifle Shooting, With Winning in Mind.

Any missing? Any that shouldn't be on the list?

Thanks for all thoughts!

Hoyt
mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

I'm a fan of Steps to Success: Rifle. It's written by Launi Meili, head coach at USAFA.
COBelties

Post by COBelties »

I liked the manual I received with the Level 1 Coaches Course which also contained a copy of Launi Meili's book. I use it alot to help work through basic positions or added supplement. In pursuing my level 3 coaches course I took the ASEP Sports First Aide which I thought was really good and I have recommended all of our coaches and 4-H leaders take it.

For some interesting reading, I liked (and several of my shooters have to) A Shot at History. Sounds goofy but it provides some interesting key elements that the other books are great at (ie With Winning in Mind) but because of the perspective its almost more relatable?