Pistol Shooting Shoes

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
djsomers

Post by djsomers »

That is ONE Newton-meter and ONE Churchill-yard. You can do the conversion.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Bowling shoes will easily bend under that force.
ModestoPete

Excellent

Post by ModestoPete »

Thank you.

I will use them for my shooting
conradin

Post by conradin »

Pete,

Champions Choice has some Sauers on sale and clearance, check them out. They may have your size.
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

David Levene wrote:
IPshooter wrote:Vans skateboard shoes are a good starter solution. Stiff and can be found for about $20.00
How stiff?

Remember that the ISSF Rule Interpretation includes:-

"The soles of shooters’ shoes must bend at least 22.5 degrees when a force of 15 Newton-Meters is applied to the heel area while the boot or shoe is clamped in the testing device."
David,

I just compared my Vans skateboard shoes to my Sauer Easy shoe. The Vans are definitely easier to bend.

Stan
IPshooter

Sauer Easy Style Flex shoe

Post by IPshooter »

Does anyone have confirmation that the new Sauer Easy Style Flex shoe passes the ISSF test?

Stan
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

I thought my AHG's were expensive---however they are cool looking sneaks---but $200+ makes them way outa my price zone. Wouldn't help my size 12 paddle boats----"Doc"
narayanan

Re: Nike shoes

Post by narayanan »

Olena is using Sauer pistol shoe old model. Sauer and Corami are the best in the market.
LenVE

Post by LenVE »

If you want to try something with a very stiff sole, try a pair of Chrome Kurtz Pro. These are shoes for urban cycling. They are much stiffer than skate shoes. There is a cleat in the sole for clipping into a bike pedal but this wont get in the way. Price is nice compared to the other shoes mentioned and they look good too. There is a ankle high version called a midway available.

Go to http://www.chromebagsstore.com/
Cobbslane

Post by Cobbslane »

You might want to look at Adidas weight lifting shoes as favoured by certain well known Korean shooters. They are expensive (for me!) at about £120UK but provide a flat wide platform and due to their design they tend to push your weigth forward to give a bit more tension in the lower leg. I don't know how flexible they are against the new rule but worth a look.

Personally I use skateboard shoes which are wide and flat and give me the feeling of a secure platform from which I can get a steady stance. Can be had for c£20 and according to others - they look cool too!
Chris

Post by Chris »

I think the important things you need to look into in a shoe to use for shooting for pistol is roll stability. When you stand the movement front to back is all in your ankle joint and I do not think any shoe helps reduce this regardless of how stiff the sole is. Since you are not providing any stabilization above the joint I feel like you get limited benefit.

I would prefer to find a find a shoe like the Salomon Xa Pro 3D Ultra 2. I was trying on shoes the other day as soon as put this shoe on the first thing it reminded me of was my shooting shoes. The roll stability is far above normal shoes since this shoe is made for trail running. I now use this for shooting since I can wear it to and from the range and walk normally in it.

I think it is a good option as could be any trail running shoe.
shooter.177

Post by shooter.177 »

http://www.schiesssport-buinger.de/shoo ... chuetzen_1

I just saw the same shoes in ISSF 10m Finals video on youtube.
But some uses nomal shoes i think.
Is there any real advantage in wearing this type of shoes.

rgds,
jabberwo

Post by jabberwo »

I looked at the ISSF web site and found air pistol rules, surprised they were from 2009. They do NOT specify that shoes can't cover the ankle bone, like the PPP rules do.

Can you wear ubiquitous canvas hi-top Converse All Stars, i.e. Chuck Taylor's?

I picked some up recently and I'm shooting them in bullseye, was going to were them in air pistol matches.

thanks,
Jab
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

jabberwo wrote:...They do NOT specify that shoes can't cover the ankle bone, like the PPP rules do...
Which part of 8.4.5.2 did you miss?
jabberwo

Post by jabberwo »

Spencer wrote: Which part of 8.4.5.2 did you miss?
Um, all of it!

Thanks
bijupaul

Re: Bowling shoes

Post by bijupaul »

ModestoPete wrote: I have no idea what 15 Newton-Meters are.

Can anyone give me some idea?
I believe its approximately equivalent of 1.5Kg force applied to it.

dschaller

Re: Bowling shoes

Post by dschaller »

ModestoPete wrote: I was just wondering about the rule that the soles must bend at least 22.5 degrees when a force of 15 Newton-Meters is applied to the heel area while the boot or shoe is clamped in the testing device.

I have no idea what 15 Newton-Meters are.

Can anyone give me some idea?
To be precise, a Newton-Meter (N-M) is not a unit of force. A Newton is a unit of force, while a Newton-Meter is a unit of energy or work (force * distance). The most common english unit equivalent is Foot-Pound. One Newton is equal to about .225 pounds (lbf - pounds on earth "normal" gravity), and a Meter is about 3.28 feet, so one Newton-Meter is about .738 Foot-Pounds (ft-lbs), and 15 N-M is 11.06 ft-lbs. To apply 11.06 ft-lbs, you would apply 11.06 pounds one foot away from the clamp location, or 22.12 pounds 6 inches away, etc.