LP10E reliability

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
TB

LP10E reliability

Post by TB »

Just had a conversation with the local dealer about the Steyr LP10E. He would not recommend it since there was a lot of problems with the trigger that Steyr is currently trying to solve. He believed it was bad parts from a subcontractor. Does anyone have experience with current LP10E's or have any knowledge about this?
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

In Italy, no bad report, but i know only 4 shooters with lp10E.
taz

Post by taz »

I bought an LP10E a few months ago.
No problem so far.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Been using a LP50e for two years now, works fine.
lg2011

Post by lg2011 »

I've had the LP10E for 3 months now and only experience a one time double shots during dry firing. It would not matter though as it is single shot pistol. I was told by Steyr that they stopped the production of the LP50 due to double shots.

BTW I have an LP50 mechanical for sale at the Sell, Trade section. Pls check it out.
LG
John Marchant

Post by John Marchant »

Whilst not wishing to tempt fate, I have had the LP10E for about 20 months now and it has had about 10000 shots through it and I have had no problems. Still using the original batteries.
It is a great pistol when you get everything right and the shot goes right in the middle. The rest of the time, it is stilll a great pistol, but like most of the modern pistols, not at all forgiving. If do get the shot creation process slightly wrong, then the shot will go exactly where the natural position of the pistol is pointing.
xpshooter

Post by xpshooter »

Hi,

I was chatting back and forth with Manuela from Steyr for over a year upon the LP50E trigger.
They discontinued them due to doubles and were trying to find a solution, the last e-mail he sent me in july was to say they are not going to offer the LP50E anymore, but they would support existing owners.
I would think it's the same trigger as the LP10E but I am not sure.

That is all I know,
XPshooter
Last edited by xpshooter on Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Well I own both the LP10 and the LP50. They are totally different guns as far as the loading and the functioning. I don't think that a tendency to double would be much of a problem with the single shot LP10, however, if it is the same trigger on the electronic versions, a tendency to double would be exposed with the five shot magazine of the LP50.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

I would think it's the same trigger as the LP10 but I am not sure
Not sure about that. Technologically, yes. But the LP50e trigger group is detachable as a unit, like the LP5, and the LP10e (probably) not. Not so cool is that the subframe holding the trigger unit together is from plastic, and doesn't exactly fit the main frame. The positioning of the plastic unit is crucial for the functioning of the pistol. I've never had it doubling, but if the trigger unit is too far forward, it won't fire on every shot, but sometimes take two or three strike of the magnet to release. Not idiot-proof at all.
xpshooter

Post by xpshooter »

Hi,

Here is the information I was thinking about:

This is an e-mail reply sent from Manuela from steyr back in July 2011 to answer a few questions I asked at that time. The only changes I made was to X out my name.

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Yes the LP50E has a ball bearing trigger – it has the same trigger mechanism as the LP10E.

Could you please let me know where you found the information that the LP50 has a ball bearing trigger system?? The LP50 does not have one.

Yes the electronic trigger is the same for LP10E and LP50E.

Yes our technicians can transfer an LP50E into a mechanic one.

Best wishes,

STEYR SPORT GmbH

Manuela Weinzerl

If you have futher questions I would say to contact Manuela, he has always replied to my emails.

E-Mail m.weinzerl@steyr-sport.com

Have a Good Day,

XPshooter
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Totally off-topic - Manuela is a SHE ;-)
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I've had my LP 10E for about two years and have had no issue with reliability. It does double occasionally, you can feel it. As its a angle shot pistol there is really no consequence to the double.
xpshooter

Post by xpshooter »

Tycho wrote:Totally off-topic - Manuela is a SHE ;-)
--> Thank You for the clarification.

I was really hoping Steyr would have been able to find a solution to the troubles with the electronic triggers, I would have bought a LP50E.

Good Luck to everyone with the electronic triggers.

Have a Good Day,

XPshooter
Aryank

Post by Aryank »

So after discussing all the issues with the electronic trigger..... Would yo suggest to go with LP 10 or LP 10 E. have the issues been resolved..... Am keen on getting the electronic one if there are no issues with the trigger anymore...
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Aryank wrote:Would yo suggest to go with LP 10 or LP 10 E.
The answer is the same as on the thread you started.

Go with the one that you prefer the feel of.

If you have not tried the LP10E then you could have a problem. You might find that you don't like the feel of the trigger as much as you would like the mechanical trigger.

Do not be concerned about quality issues.

You seem to be trying to get someone else to make the decision for you; they can't.
lg2011

Post by lg2011 »

LG: if the LP10 and LP50 is the same trigger, and the cost is not an issue, I would get the LP10 electronic trigger. Watch the AP finals on You Tube. See those steyrs with a metal plate on the grip, those are electronic triggers. Count how many they are.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

lg2011 wrote:if the LP10 and LP50 is the same trigger, .....
They aren't, totally different.
lg2011

Post by lg2011 »

Manuela,
Can I send you my LP50 and have you install an electronic trigger? I don't mind a double shots once in a while.
LG