question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
JaxAirPistolED

question

Post by JaxAirPistolED »

Hey guys,
I just want to thank you for all your help and advice. I ordered the IZH 46M, 6 (500) tins of the of the R10, a cleaning kit, and case. Igor the 46m with the advanced trigger.

Regards
E
JaxAirPistolED

Post by JaxAirPistolED »

I got not igor
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Oh I know Rover, having read a few ofyour experimental results. Good stuff, more empirical than the usual so-called analysis.
superstring

Post by superstring »

C. Perkins wrote:Time out guys.
Let us try to stay with the OP's question.

But I guess this is the time for me to speak about Russ.

A few weeks ago Russ and I had a good long telephone conversation.
My impression is that there definatley is a language/ interpretation barrier especially when he writes on the forum.

But in talking to Russ and asking him to reinterate what he just said, then the meaning of what is trying to be said is different.
Yeah, my impression is about the same. In particular, humour (or humor, as the case may be ;) ) is one of the hardest things to get in a language which isn't your first. Irony and sarcasm as well.

I'm sure Russ means well, but a lot seems to get "lost in translation".

But, like you said Clarence, this thread has gone a little sideways! Back to the original question!
taz

Post by taz »

With the current crop of PCP pistols I prefer heavier pellets.
Less chance of having bent skirts which I find more often in lighter pistol pellets.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Too bad you bought the R10s. If you had looked over my test results you would have seen that JSB Green consistently outperformed every other pellet.
Leon

Re: question

Post by Leon »

JaxAirPistolED wrote:What pellets would you guys recommend?
Qiang Yuan pellets. Half the price of the German pellets and twice as good. Most of the air pistol and air rifle medals in the London Olympics were won by shooters using these.
Rover

Post by Rover »

How do they shoot in YOUR gun?

They're a bit spendy here. ($80 a sleeve vs. $97 for R10).
Leon

Post by Leon »

Rover wrote:How do they shoot in YOUR gun?

They're a bit spendy here. ($80 a sleeve vs. $97 for R10).
Beautifully, with their cheapest line, Training. Better than R 10. Gun is a 162 EI.
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

Do not let Rover fool you cause he likes to kid around.

If you shoot a 10, you get a 10.
If you shoot a 9, you get a 9.
If you shoot an 8, well it was not the pellets fault.

Good choice with the R10's

Just saying;
Clarence
JaxAirPistolED

Post by JaxAirPistolED »

Rover,
I am looking to get the JWB pellets next got the R10 sleeve came with a free tin of diablo basic for more practice.

Going to sign up for a tournament in 2 weeks.
Rover

Post by Rover »

As the Aussies would say, "Good on ya, mate!"

And, yes, I was just kidding about the pellets, but I still recommend the Basics. I guarantee you'll see no difference in your scores.

Just remember: unless they've done the actual testing themselves (yourself), whatever they say is just bullshit and internet blather. (Kinda like politics.)
Leon

Post by Leon »

Rover wrote:As the Aussies would say, "Good on ya, mate!"

And, yes, I was just kidding about the pellets, but I still recommend the Basics. I guarantee you'll see no difference in your scores.

Just remember: unless they've done the actual testing themselves (yourself), whatever they say is just bullshit and internet blather. (Kinda like politics.)
So true..... I must admit to being pleasantly surprised by the Qiang Yuan pellets - just bought a 1000 to see how they go. They ooze quality and look more precisely made than their German counterparts. Qiang Yuan claim that their cheapest pellets will outperform the most expensive German pellets and I can well believe that.
v76

Post by v76 »

At 14CHF per 500 for their cheapest 'Match' line of pellets (About 15$CAD/USD) they better outperform them, since they're about 33% to 50% more expensive than the 'best' german pellets.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Try Champion Shooters Supply. Lots cheaper; good folks.
v76

Post by v76 »

Thanks for the heads up, didn't know they stocked those. I'lll buy a tin with my next sleeve of Hobby/Basic...
JaxAirPistolED

Post by JaxAirPistolED »

So I signed up for the tournament and called the up and asked if I needed to bring anything besides eye and ear protection, the air pistol, pellets and standard clothing. 2 questions what is standard clothing and am I missing anything?
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Street clothes should be fine. Just nothing which will stiffen joints, and sleeve cuffs must not influence pistol stability. Shoes, not open toed. And you may want a few tools, especially for trigger weight adjustment in case it proves to be below 500 grams at inspection. And perhaps a towel or foam sheet to pad the bench - protecting the pistol and keeping pellets from rolling around. An optical scoring device such as judges use might be good thing for checking targets after they're scored, as you'll want to be sure before lodging any mis-scored target complaints. It happens a fair bit.
JaxAirPistolED

Post by JaxAirPistolED »

Excellent I am all set!
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Gerard wrote:An optical scoring device such as judges use might be good thing for checking targets after they're scored, as you'll want to be sure before lodging any mis-scored target complaints. It happens a fair bit.
Really ? If you interfere with the targets in any way they will not be re-scored and that includes gauging them. Scoring errors are normally very rare and in my experience are typically arithmetic errors rather than actual gauging errors, but they do ocassionally happen.

Just wear normal clothing, there is nothing specific. The only thing not to wear is military style clothing i.e. don't go dressed in camo gear (unless you are a serving soldier). In the UK that is the only thing I've seen specified not to wear.

Rob.