Lp10 or LP10E

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Aryank

Lp10 or LP10E

Post by Aryank »

I am a reasonably new shooter but would like to get a new 10 m air pistol.

Am contemplating between LP10 or LP10E.

Looking as a long term investment and use, what do you suggest? What is the reliability or benefits or disadvantages of LP 10 electronic.

Budget is not an issue so lets not discuss the price. Please tell me your choice and the reason...

You reply will help a lot..

Thank you
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

LP10 and LP10E are both top class guns.

It's your choice whether you prefer the feel of the mechanical or electronic trigger. Nobody else can make that choice for you.
Rover

Post by Rover »

It's a real mistake to look at it as an investment. It's a tool!

You'll have to pick which YOU like (then you'll be happy), but it won't affect your scores.

You've already selected an LP10; why not a Morini or some other?
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Like David says, buy what you like the feel of.

Rob.
taz

Post by taz »

Although I agree with the previous posters, that it is a matter of taste, I believe the E version is more versatile when dry shooting.
Personally I prefer the feel of the electronic trigger.
Finally, although Steyr states the same weight for both versions, I believe the mechanical is lighter compared to the electronic version.
Aryank

Post by Aryank »

I have tried and got the feel of LP 10.. But I do not know anyone around who uses the E... So its not possible for me to get the feel of an E.. As the dealer said only when I buy it...

Also the weight both claim to be 968 g, but is that without the battery weight for the E.. Which is 2 * AAA batt .. So is that additional weight??
taz

Post by taz »

My LP10E weighs 1040gr (filled with air) when I remove the additional weights.
I have modified the grip slightly but I doubt the putty is more than 20gr.
So I would guess it weighs 1020gr with a stock medium grip including batteries.
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

"Go with what feels better for you" is a good advice. But for an accomplished shooter. For a relatively new shooter, it does not matter, actually. You will get used to the trigger very quickly, no matter which one you choose. After all the choice is between very good and very good. Go with the electronic one. That's where the future will be.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

shaky hands wrote:"Go with what feels better for you" is a good advice. But for an accomplished shooter. For a relatively new shooter, it does not matter, actually. You will get used to the trigger very quickly, no matter which one you choose. After all the choice is between very good and very good. Go with the electronic one. That's where the future will be.
I disagree, it's essential that you like the feel of whatever you get and you may dislike the lack of mechanical feel of the electronic. I have an electronic pardini and I have never gotten to like the trigger on it.

There is no difference in dry firing ability between both. In many ways the process of dry firing the mechanical is better because it more closely replicates the action of live firing, you do everything bar load the pellet.

Rob.
taz

Post by taz »

With the electronic version you can choose the way you will dry fire (to cock or not to cock, that is the question ;) ).
There is less wear and tear on the spring, hammer etc when you do not cock.
Aryank

Post by Aryank »

Thank you for all the replies !!

If i look at the LP 10 E - are there any issues with the pistol technically !!

For example i read some place, regarding the double shot (of course very rare occurance).

Most of the posts that speak about the trigger and compensator / absorber are all of year 2009 when it was launched.

So i assume all the issues would have been resolved !!
taz

Post by taz »

The double shot happens from time to time (usually 1 or 2 times per practice session or match in my case).
It is not a problem though since it is a single shot pistol. No air is released or anything, you just hear and feel a slight "click"
If it was a multi shot then it would be a problem, this is the reason I believe they discontinued the LP50E.
lg2011

Post by lg2011 »

LG: with my personal experience, I would get an electronic trigger over a mechanical. An LP10 if its available. However if you can't wait consider the Morini EI162 electronic trigger rather than the LP10 mechanical. . Morini has the best trigger in my opinion. My score is the same with those two with the LP50 mechanical behind by almost 10 points. [/img]
j-team

Post by j-team »

Electronic or mechanical will not make any difference to your scores.

You still have to apply 500grams of pressure to fire the shot.

Get which ever one you like.
lg2011

Post by lg2011 »

No matter what the suggestions were, he will eventually get what he wants.
Aryank

Post by Aryank »

Thank you for all the replies....

Wanted to know the reliability and benefits of the electronic...

Will be going with the LP 50 E

Thank you all once again.
Aryank

Post by Aryank »

Sorry LP 10 E is what I meant
lg2011

Post by lg2011 »

Excellent choice!
John Marchant

Post by John Marchant »

Have fun and enjoy your shooting.