Rifle Actions

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

mobarron

Post by mobarron »

A couple of thoughts. There is no magic in any of actions mentioned. The mass produced actions, Anschutz etc. all do the job of locking the cartridge in the chamber. The important thing here is parts availability. My guess is that there will be parts for Anshutz, Walther etc. into our grandchildren's lifetimes. But where will we get parts for the Swindlehurst etc? After parts availability next comes ergonomics. Trigger feel and ease of loading. Not a lot of options here but going with the small run actions and aftermarket triggers will be a headache down the road. Mike Barron
Roadthing

Post by Roadthing »

Here is my quick review, 10x rifle I am a prone shooter
Top to bottom ,

1) They bead blasted the crown and I think some in the bore.
2)There is no bullet engagement into the rifling.
3) They did not bed the rifle. They were suppose to.
4) The Trigger came in a 1 1/2 Lbs. It came with a bag with other springs so I fix it.
5) The stock had a run in the finish and a small dent in the stock when it arrived.
6) I was told I could dry fire it as much as I want to, well the brass was hanging up on the on the chamber opening@ 6 O'clock. guess what?
7) The loading tray is so shallow that if you cant at all the round will roll to the side and you will pay hell getting it in the chamber.
8)The buttplate does not stay tight and flexes in prone, and that can mess up you recoil.
9) Ejects about 90% of the time.
10) Out of about 100 rounds I shot out of the gun 3 did not fire.

Being a American Toolmaker and wanabe gunsmith I really wanted this thing to shoot. I am so discussed with this rifle I still have not call him yet. I don't think for $2150 some dollars there should be much wrong. I am an easy customer and could have over looked and fix a lot but it shoots inch to inch and 1/2 groups @ 50yds. I don't even know why I let someone else build me a rifle, but at the time I had 7 or 8 stocks that I was doing work on for others and figured what the hell, and that proved to be a 2 thousand mistake. I do need to call Bill, I meet him at his shop and we talked for about 2 two hours and I thought we were on the same page. After I talk to him, maybe I will do a youtube or a review with pics. If I owned 10x I would buy this rifle back, and the make then worker that build it buy it. or use it for a tomato stake. But thats just me. I learned my lesson, If you want something done right do it your self. Its not rocket science.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Doug Keener

PS if there is any 10x fans here I would be more that willing to sell the rifle for -$200 what I paid.
caveman

10X

Post by caveman »

Doug,
Sorry to hear you have so many problems with your rifle. One of the kids on our junior team got one and it had some of the same problems but after 2 or 3k rounds it has "settled down". Using SK+ for what it's worth.
Bill Burkert

Post by Bill Burkert »

Dear Doug,

Talk to them, why wait if you are not happy. They should make good on it and hopefully will learn that if they want to compete against world class rifles they better offer a world class product. According to people who know about such things that XIII action could be a great one.

I still hope that they are successful but they must be willing to correct the problems.

Bill
Roadthing

Post by Roadthing »

Bill I have the x3, but for the money I paid for this there really should be no problems. I will probably just fix the rifle this winter.

Doug K
'
Ps hope all is well Bill and that Hall keeps pounding Xs
1813benny

Post by 1813benny »

Bill Burkert wrote:Dear Doug,

Talk to them, why wait if you are not happy. They should make good on it and hopefully will learn that if they want to compete against world class rifles they better offer a world class product. According to people who know about such things that XIII action could be a great one.

I still hope that they are successful but they must be willing to correct the problems.

Bill
Bill
For that pathetic display of workmanship, if they are legitimate they would give a full refund and take the rifle back. (Doug - It is all up to you if you don't....but if I could get my money back I would.)

The sad part is that they have an employee(s) that would actually consider that rifle worthy to ship to a customer.

I was at one time considering one for Victoria, but they made me go for the upgrade. She will get either a new Walther kk300 or my 1813 action with a lighter barrel in a new stock.
Ken