How to recognize Morini 162EI?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
vHoff

How to recognize Morini 162EI?

Post by vHoff »

Hi all,

I'm trying to buy an air pistol from a deal who knows little about air guns. I am going to try to inspect it but he says that it is a Morini with 2 air cylinders and an electronic cylinder.

Am I correct in assuming it is a CM 162EI? Is there an older version of the Morini I might need to watch out for?

Are there any other distinguishing features to know it's the 162EI?
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

i think they are 3 basic versions of the Morini 162 with electronic trigger.
a) the old one that has non removable cylinders and 15v electronics
b) the one with removable cylinders and 15v electronics
c) the one with remove cylinders and 2x1,5v (AAA batteries) electronics.

the old electronics have a small button next to the on-off switch to test the batteries. newer electronics (AAA) dont have the button.

the electronic cylinders are a recent addition to morini accessories.

there also a newer version called titanium that has some internal changes (less weight in some parts) and comes with removable cylinders and AAA electronics
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

ghostrip wrote:i think they are 3 basic versions of the Morini 162 with electronic trigger.
The 15v battery is not available anymore, but there is a way to make a replacement out of individual NiCad cells. There is a page about that somewhere, but I can't find it right now. I believe the non-removable cylinder model can be upgraded to a removable cylinder - Pilkguns would be the place to look into that. Note that some high level competitions require that the cylinder be less than 10 years old if that is relevant to you.

The latest version (not the Titanium) should sell for around $1200 used in good shape with 2 cylinders. The Titanium model may or may not be have an advantage over the standard - there has been some discussion about that on the TT forum somewhere - but it is probably not worth a premium to most shooters.

BTW, I have a Morini CM 162EI and it is a sweet gun.

Roger
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

I believe vhoff is talking about a used 162 so the 15v - removable cylinders is a possibility. there quite a few of used 162 them selling in europe (egun)
yana

Post by yana »

Be way I think; old one's dont have a mano..
Bút there's nothing wrong with the older E versions! Just as accurate!

From what I understood, only the striker or valve or something like that is titanium, otherwise, its only tita lóók, so imo, no advantage at all, except that morini gets more money from you! ;)

Cilinder age of the E is 20 yrs max.
lg2011

Post by lg2011 »

LG: I have a Morini 162 EI Titanium with electronic trigger. The color, except for the barrel is Titanium (like blue). The same color with the 2 cylinders with manometers. The grip is dark in color and it cost $2,500. I think the regular version is around $1,800. So you can tell what model you have by the color and the price.
kanedal

Post by kanedal »

RandomShotz wrote:
ghostrip wrote:i think they are 3 basic versions of the Morini 162 with electronic trigger.
The 15v battery is not available anymore, but there is a way to make a replacement out of individual NiCad cells. There is a page about that somewhere, but I can't find it right now. I believe the non-removable cylinder model can be upgraded to a removable cylinder - Pilkguns would be the place to look into that. Note that some high level competitions require that the cylinder be less than 10 years old if that is relevant to you.

The latest version (not the Titanium) should sell for around $1200 used in good shape with 2 cylinders. The Titanium model may or may not be have an advantage over the standard - there has been some discussion about that on the TT forum somewhere - but it is probably not worth a premium to most shooters.

BTW, I have a Morini CM 162EI and it is a sweet gun.

Roger
Well, there is no problem getting hold of the 15v battery, at least here in Europe. Bought twoo of them a couple of months ago.

Lars
yana

Post by yana »

My oldie 162E's trigger was revised too, at morini, quite recently, no issues with the battery availability that I know of.
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

In the words of Rick Blaine, "I was misinformed."

Roger