BeeSting Bloop tube and Tuners

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

19zip

BeeSting Bloop tube and Tuners

Post by 19zip »

Has anyone tried the BeeSting Bloop tube and Tuner invented by Tarl Kempley?
Are they as good as advertised?
They are kind of expesive.
TraLfaz

Post by TraLfaz »

I have talked to many shooters and I just ordered a tuner from Eric U. and my son is impatiently waiting for it. It cost me right around $200 which is about half the price of the Beesting.
1813benny

Post by 1813benny »

Unless you can shoot 590+ scores in prone, it may be difficult to see any significant improvement with the addition of a tuner.

Both tuners mentioned are good products and well made. The main difference is that the Beesting is lighter due to the carbon fiber tube, which has less of an impact on rifle balance.

Report back on your experiences.
Ken
Oakleigh

Bee Sting Bloop Tube

Post by Oakleigh »

If you have short arms ie your handstop needs to be well back, then the extra lightness of the Kevlar tube is an advantage, because it stops the position being barrel heavy..thereby influencing recoil.
BAtarget

Post by BAtarget »

zero performance difference between the 2 tuners. Material is about the only thing that influences the price difference
Bill Burkert

Post by Bill Burkert »

I have a BeeSting Tuner/Bloop and it is very well made. I can recommend it.

The only thing I do not like is cleaning it. This is due to the different interior diameters.

The other beauty of Tarl's system, as well as the Uptegrafft, is the ability to rotate and set the indexing collar in a position on the barrel which allows one to have the windage of the rear sight smack dab in the middle of it's adjustment range.

The part that I am calling the indexing collar is the part which is snugged onto the barrel and remains there once it is rotated and set in the optimum position. The hole in the bloop tube collar is then inserted into a pin on this indexing collar when attaching the tube. I might have this backassward, but you get the idea.

If this doesn't make sense there is a nice discussion on their websites.

Bill Burkert
rmarsh

Bee Sting bloop tube

Post by rmarsh »

I just got in a Bee Sting a few days ago. I did not get the tuner option. It is very well made, I am impressed. It is rather expensive as others have noted.

I went with it for a couple of reasons. First, they machine it to match your barrel diameter. I have a Lilja barrel that is .900 straight contour. I was having trouble finding a tube that fit. Second, it is lightweight. I put it on an Anschutz 2013 that my daughter (age 14) shoots. I have a short 18" barrel on it to help her with weight. The bee sting gives the short barrel some length for sight radius without adding hardly any weigh to the front end.