AW93 Grips

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

shadow

AW93 Grips

Post by shadow »

I am looking for a few thoughts observations on the grips that come with the AW93. Is anyone satisfied with the grips that come with the pistol? If not, what did you go with: Nill, Rink, CMM grip frame adapter? What is the major problem with the stock grips?
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Yes, I am extremely satisfied with the grips that came on the gun. However, my understanding is that the left handed factory grips on the AW are made by Nill.
joel

Post by joel »

I just ordered an AW93 with small, right hand grips and was told that they are Nill grips as well. It is my understanding that the Nill grips are first rate, however, I will try them out and if I don't like the fit, I will order some Rinks.

Joel
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

Call George, he has the factory grips for the aw93.

http://www.brenzovich.com/
joel

Post by joel »

GunRunner wrote:Call George, he has the factory grips for the aw93.

http://www.brenzovich.com/
Yes, that's where I got mine. They are Nill grips.

BTW, my experience with George Brenzovich was first rate.

Joel
dsd

Post by dsd »

I think the factory grips are pretty good. I need to modify mine but am just a bit nervous without another pair handy.

I really want to get the custom Rink's but am too cheap right now.

-dsd
joel

Post by joel »

I've heard very good things about the Rinks, especially the laminated versions. Remember that they are made to order and that is about 6 weeks from the time you pay to the time they show up at your door.

Joel
jtg6

Post by jtg6 »

Ive got the factory, Rink & CMM hoping that it would make me like the gun. I am not loving this gun. Just not doing it for me. I know its a great gun but I still shoot me Marvel better. Oh getting back to the grips I vote for the Rink, very comfortable I have them on a few of my other pistols.
Good Luck
John
dsd

Post by dsd »

jtg6, care to expand on the difference between the factory and the rinks? Pics would be amazing. If you are looking to get out of a pair of stock Right Large Rinks, let me know...

-dsd
JohnLK

Post by JohnLK »

I had a pair of Rinks made for my AW93 and really like them.
Herr Rink can take up to 3 degrees of the grip angle out if you'd like.
He can also adjust the lateral grip angle for you based on a sketch of your
hand you can scan and email him.
After I got mine I sold the factory grips.
JLK
j o danielsson

Post by j o danielsson »

Avoid Rink if you have got small hands.
Nill is not the maker of either left or righthanded versions, but for the aw 93 they provide, in my opinion, a much nicer grip than original or Rink.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

j o danielsson wrote:Avoid Rink if you have got small hands.
Nill is not the maker of either left or righthanded versions, but for the aw 93 they provide, in my opinion, a much nicer grip than original or Rink.

The grips that came on my AW-93 bought new from Brenzovich, are left handed small, and are clearly Nill grips, with the manufacturer's stamp on them.
joel

Post by joel »

My right hand small grips also came directly from Brenzovich are Nill and are fantastic.

Joel
shadow

Grips

Post by shadow »

Please correct me if I am wrong:

When you buy a new AW93 it comes with grips from an unknown manufacturer.

Aftermarket grips include Rink and Nill.

Is there an option of a "grip delete" on a new pistol or a Rink or Nill substitution?
Isabel1130

Re: Grips

Post by Isabel1130 »

shadow wrote:Please correct me if I am wrong:

When you buy a new AW93 it comes with grips from an unknown manufacturer.

Aftermarket grips include Rink and Nill.

Is there an option of a "grip delete" on a new pistol or a Rink or Nill substitution?
That depends on the dealer you buy it from. I did not request a Nill grip when I bought my gun. It came with one, whuch indicates that at least, at the time, that gun was shipped from the dealer, Nill was making the stock grips for the AW.
joel

Post by joel »

I bought my pistol very recently from Brenzovich and requested a small right hand grip. When it arrived, the pistol had no grip attached, but was along side in an empty space in the case. I was told it was a Nill grip and I believe that he keeps them in stock so that he can fit all shooters. Some dealers only have large or medium in stock that come with the pistol.

Also, my pistol was not the newest serial number, but the previous or 3rd of the 4 versions. I believe that perhaps that is why his prices are a tad cheaper and there is no loss in accuracy between the versions, just a few parts differences that can be seen when looking at the diagrams.

Cheers,

Joel
shadow

Grips

Post by shadow »

Well, I called Brenzovich yesterday and they said that the AW93s that they sell have Nill grips - small or large. Is it possible that the pistols that came from other sellers have different grips?